Pastry Pride?

Decorating By Cachanilla52588 Updated 25 Feb 2020 , 10:28pm by Laetia

Cachanilla52588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cachanilla52588 Posted 24 Feb 2020 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 10

Is pastry pride ok to use to frost cakes that being displayed at room temp? I've used it before but never for a cake that will be displayed. Thank you.

9 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 1:05am
post #2 of 10

Sorry, I am not familiar with the product.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 1:52am
post #3 of 10

It’s been 15-20 yrs since I’ve used it In my opinion it is best eaten w/in 6-8 hrs so if you ice/decorate that morning it will be fine for an afternoon event It probably will be fine longer but to me the texture gets “airy”

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 1:53am
post #4 of 10

Well I googled Pastry Pride and got this: “Pastry Pride is a non-dairy whipped topping that comes frozen. when you need it, thaw it in the refrigerator and then whip it up, just like whipping cream.”   So you could certainly use on a family cake that sat on your counter for half hour to forty minutes. But because it’s like whipped cream, cake couldn’t sit out long. I’ve heard of decorators using stabilized whipped cream for a cake. But I have no experience with that at all. Maybe someone who does can answer this post. 

kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 2:28am
post #5 of 10

From my use of it it comes semi-fzn & it’s best spooned out in that consistency instead of thawing to whip it especially if not using the whole qt at once Getting it to the right whipped state takes a trained ear to hear/ know the “slap” sound indicating it’s perfect;) When you do the mixer must be stopped immediately To little whipping & it”melts” quickly, & won’t hold piping design Over whipped makes it cracks once on a cake!:(

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 3:06am
post #6 of 10

But kakeladi Can the cake sit out for any length at room temperature with this type of whipped icing??  That’s what the question this member is asking?? I personally couldn’t answer because I’ve never used this product. 

kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 3:19am
post #7 of 10

It can stay at room temp for about 4-6 hrs before it starts to become”airy” more a mouth feel than spoiling I don’t remember any more I think we usually would frig it for overnight keeping

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 3:28am
post #8 of 10

It's non-dairy and can sit out just like buttercream. Keep in mind, the longer it sits and air dries, it tends to get rubbery -- in my opinion, which makes it more difficult to slice because the icing wants to peel away. Perhaps a knife dipped in hot water would help.

kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 4:38am
post #9 of 10

That might be a little better description of what I’m trying to say unlimited

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 25 Feb 2020 , 10:28pm
post #10 of 10

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%