juljenki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juljenki Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 2:38am
post #1 of 15
  • White Chocolate Cake Ruffles
14 replies
juljenki Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 2:41am
post #2 of 15

Can I make these cake ruffles using white modeling chocolate? I want them to be editable. How will they hold up outside in September in Central California? Thanks in advance

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 2:45am
post #3 of 15

You can certainly make them from chocolate, but I am not familiar with the weather in central California in September, so cannot answer that.  It is chocolate, so will not tolerate heat.  You can do the same thing with fondant fortified with tylose and it will be edible and more stable outside.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 2:55am
post #4 of 15

Where exactly in central CA are you?  Most likely you will need to do as Sandra said  

kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 3:03am
post #5 of 15

It would be wise to test the idea    Whensdays temp should be 70   Make a swag w/the chocolate putting it out in the sun to see how it goes   I realize 70 is NOWHERE near how it can be in sept but if it does ok try it again the next time it gets warmer  

juljenki Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 3:13am
post #6 of 15

The wedding will be around Lodi California which is close to Stockton Ca. I am not a fan of fondant so thought white chocolate would be tastier. Can I add anything to the modeling chocolate to keep it more stable. Not sure if the food will be inside or outside. Need to Ck that which will certainly make a difference . Thanks everyone you guys always come through

kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 4:23am
post #7 of 15

Would you message me?  Would like to converse privately 

SandraSmiley Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 15

No, there is nothing that will make modeling chocolate more stable.  If the cake will be kept in an air conditioned environment, chocolate will be fine.  Start to get up around 80 degrees and you are looking for trouble.

You could also do the ruffles with wafer paper, which I understand has no flavor.  Personally, I hate the idea of eating paper, even if it is made of potato starch.

kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 3:21pm
post #9 of 15

Ok  you know much more about it than I do:)     Have you ever had Holy Commuion?   You most likely had “wafer paper” which is how the host is made  

SandraSmiley Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 4:12pm
post #10 of 15

LOL kakeladi, out in the sticks where I've always lived, the host is broken up saltine crackers and the blood of Christ is grape juice.  I guess if your church is rich, they may have oyster crackers. 

kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 5:19pm
post #11 of 15

I guess I must live in the sticks in the middle of a big city!  Many churches now do what you do  —including several I have attended lately    But I remember from yrs ago when the host was a wafer about as big as a quarter   

SandraSmiley Posted 18 Feb 2020 , 5:27pm
post #12 of 15

I am a Methodist, but I have seen the wafers when visiting a Catholic church with a friend.  They had real wine too.

kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2020 , 6:56pm
post #13 of 15

bump

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 21 Feb 2020 , 9:43pm
post #14 of 15

Ok, so how weird is this...going from ruffles and modeling chocolate to  Eucharist wafers!!!!!!  Here in Canada, like forever, most Catholic/Anglican churches do use a wafer essentially made from either potato or rice starch. And they still are the size of a quarter. And I’d say about 99.99% of other protestant churches use mostly cut up rice crackers. Rice crackers because of the possibility of gluten intolerance or celiac. 

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 22 Feb 2020 , 1:28pm
post #15 of 15

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%