How Long Can I Keep A Strawberry Cream Cake Stored For After Assembling?

Baking By CristyCE Updated 17 Feb 2020 , 8:49pm by kakeladi

CristyCE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyCE Posted 17 Feb 2020 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! This is my first time posting on this forum. I want to make a strawberry cream cake as a belated birthday gift for two of my coworkers, but want to know how long the cake would be good for after assembling. The recipe I use says to serve after assembling, then "Cake can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours." Does that mean after 4 hours, I shouldn't refrigerate the cake? Or that I should have the entire cake consumed within 4 hours of assembly? Since it has fresh whipped cream and strawberries on it, I assumed I shouldn't just keep it at room temperature for a prolonged period of time.

If it helps, I can describe the cake structure. It is a chiffon-style cake cut into three layers. Each cake layer has a ring of fresh cut strawberry halves on the outer circle, with a strawberry filling on the inside. It has a layer of fresh whipped cream spread on top before the next layer cake.

I'm still pretty new to everything with cakes, so I'm sorry if this is a ridiculous question. I'm hoping it would be okay to bake and assemble the cake tonight, and keep it until Thursday (a bit less than 3 days).

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2020 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 3

Hi there  1st let me explain that aa a new poster you will not be able to reply to any post for about 30 days so if you want to comment on any post just start a new post referring to the one you are talking about in the subject line      As for your cake it is very perishable with fresh berries and whipped cream so it will not keep—you might be able to keep it out the day of serving but can put it together only that a.m. —I don’t think I’d even put it together the night before:(   If you changed the whipped cream to buttercream icing then you could put it together the day before serving & keep it in the fridge— no problem 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2020 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 3

Oh forgot to mention you can bake the layers now, wrap them in cling film well & fz them until the night before you put them together 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%