Help With Writing

Decorating By Dsilvey1025 Updated 13 Feb 2020 , 3:51am by SandraSmiley

Dsilvey1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dsilvey1025 Posted 5 Feb 2020 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone, I have a small issue, when it comes to writing  on cakes it is always sloppy  because I have a health condition  where my hands cant stay steady. What are alternate  ways that I can write on the cake so it doesnt look sloppy?? Thanks everyone. 

6 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Feb 2020 , 4:05am
post #2 of 7

My writting always looks sloppy just because I am not good at writing on cakes, no good excuse.  I most often use a set of cutter which contains both upper and lower case letters and numbers 0 through 9.  I cut them from gum paste or fondant.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Feb 2020 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 7

Several ideas  —  usually we are our own worst critics:)   It might be that your writing is not as bad as you think    There is an old saying “practice makes perfect “ You can practice— get a pad of school writing paper- it has solid lines with a dashed line in between-cover w/plastic wrap & pipe away   Since you say you’re hands being unsteady is the problem Maybe neither of those help so  ....... I remember yrs ago one person made fondant (or gumpaste) plaques with printed words that were worked into the design by being stood up somewhere around/on the cake   If you want it to be edible get a printer w/edible ink for use  on sugar sheets or wafer paper   

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Feb 2020 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 7

Bump 

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Feb 2020 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 7

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Feb 2020 , 3:51am
post #6 of 7

bump