Friday Night Cake Club For 01-31-20

Decorating By Laetia Updated 7 Feb 2020 , 4:54pm by ReginaCoeliB

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 2:03am
post #1 of 24

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Hi you all, an other week as fly by too fast! I'll be working on a cake for my niece's birthday tomorow, so I'll have some pictures to share later during the weekend. Hope everyone is doing good and had a nice week.

Julie

23 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 24

Bump 

Laetia Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 24

Emoji birthday cake I've made today for one one my niece's. Such a simple cake, yet I've struggle from the begining! I did not have a clear plan of what I was doing and it shows. And what to say about the worst drip ever... if I can even call that mess a drip! It is one of those times I have to repeat to myself that we are our worst critics! 

kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 24

No pix but I spent Friday afternoon making double choco peanut butter cookies :)   YUMMMMM!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 24

This cake is adorable, Laetia!  I didn't even notice the drip until you mentioned it.  The first thing I spotted was the perfect stripes, which are beautiful!  When you pointed out the drip and I looked again, my first thought was YUM, I want to eat that!  Looks like fudge!

Chocolate peanut butter cookies sounds wonderful, kakeladi!  I rarely make cookies because Mike and I suck the up like we thing they are good for us....NOT!

I just made this piece for The Royal Challenge on Bakerswood.  She is Queen Isabella of France, know as the She-Wolf.

kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 24

Now you tell me! ? :(  LOL   I seldom make them either but had our Friday card party where they insist on having a late night snack—always has to be cookies, candy or ice cream    

kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 24

Certainly wish I had even a 10th of your talent   Beautiful creation Sandra      Laetia great design well carried out 

SandraSmiley Posted 1 Feb 2020 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 24

Thank you, Lynne!  I wish I had one 10th of your piping ability!  Posting our work makes it very clear that each of us has our own strengths and areas of expertise.

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 12:30am
post #9 of 24

Here is mine... the purple always shows up on the blue side to me in the pic. Violets for Jamie, she loves purple.

Laetia.. I love your cake .. drip & all. Those "smilies" so cute.

Sandra... what can I say that I haven't said before....WOW... she's perfect.

Kakeladi.... cookies sounds delish...anything chocolate. :)))

SandraSmiley Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 12:51am
post #10 of 24

Oh Betty, I really love this one!  Purple is my favorite color too and I always swoon at your piping anyway!  Thank you for your kind words.  I don't know why her expression turned out so gloomy.  I tried and tried to put a slight smile on her face and I guess she just wasn't feeling it!

Laetia Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 1:44pm
post #11 of 24

Thanks everyone, my niece's and her friends loved the cake. Thats the most important thing of all, is'nt the purpose of all that? Their eyes went

Laetia Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 1:45pm
post #12 of 24

Half my post hot eaten by CC...

Thanks everyone, my niece's and her friends loved the cake. Thats the most important thing of all, is'nt the purpose of all that? Their eyes went

Laetia Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 1:49pm
post #13 of 24

I think emojis are broken, that must be whats eating my post...

Thanks everyone, my niece's and her friends loved the cake. Thats the most important thing of all, is'nt the purpose of all that? Their eyes went "stars eyed emoji", best pay I can get!

Sandra, that sculpture is simply amazing. You are truly talented. My eyes goes "heart eyed emoji" each time I see your Isabella. 

Kakeladi, double chocolate peanut butter cookies? 2 please! "Drooling emoji"

BettyA, lovely cake and awesome piping. I wish I could pipe those "curly" shell border. So, so pretty. "Thumbs up emoji"

Ok... I have way too much fun with those little yellow thing! "Laughing to tears emoji"

kakeladi Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 3:30pm
post #14 of 24

Piping reversed shell borders isn’t hard   It’s just a series of commas—one with the head facing left then right  —- left right left right—march around the cake:)   

Laetia Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 3:53pm
post #15 of 24

Thank you for the pointer Kakeladi. Trouble I have is having/keeping the right angle with my piping bag. I always end up with too much angle and everything that I pipe that involve curve, any type on curve, looks crooked or mishaped. I need practice I guess!

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 7:47pm
post #16 of 24

Sandra - that’s insanely good. How big is it?

I made a little cake for an avengers fan. The marble effect was fun. I’ll definitely do it again but probably not with black and red. 

SandraSmiley Posted 2 Feb 2020 , 8:05pm
post #17 of 24

Thank you so much Laetia and louglou!  She is 13" tall from the base, about 1/3 life size, I would say.

Love your cake louglou!  The marbling is beautiful and the tiny touches of gold put it over the top!

kakeladi, you think piping reverse scrolls is easy because you can pipe!  This is my favorite border and something I've done many times (thanks to Betty's influence) and sometimes it turns out pretty nice, sometimes it falls off the cake and sometimes it is just OK but never, never does it look like Betty's and yours, too, I am sure.

kakeladi Posted 5 Feb 2020 , 2:14pm
post #18 of 24

Bump 

Laetia Posted 5 Feb 2020 , 2:27pm
post #19 of 24

Thanks kakeladi for bumping, I had miss louglou's cake!

I love, LOVE, the marbling on your cake louglou. So awesome and the gold is the perfect finishing touch. If I remember correctly, your are more into buttercream cake? But I guess this time you've used fondant, did you?

louglou Posted 5 Feb 2020 , 10:03pm
post #20 of 24

Thanks Laetia. I prefer working with fondant so you must have got me mixed up with someone else. I’ve done a few buttercream cakes but I’m no good at piping  

louglou Posted 5 Feb 2020 , 10:03pm
post #21 of 24

Thanks Laetia. I prefer working with fondant so you must have got me mixed up with someone else. I’ve done a few buttercream cakes but I’m no good at piping  

kakeladi Posted 7 Feb 2020 , 12:09pm
post #22 of 24

Bump 

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Feb 2020 , 4:46pm
post #23 of 24

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 7 Feb 2020 , 4:54pm
post #24 of 24

keep bumping...keeep bumping!

Quote by @%username% on %date%