Friday Night Cake Club For 01-24-20

Decorating By Laetia Updated 27 Jan 2020 , 4:27pm by SandraSmiley

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 25 Jan 2020 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 19

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I guess I should rename this thread saturday cake club or something like that, I late as usual... I just put the finishing touch on my niece's caka. Pictures are not taken yet. I'll share later. Can't wait to see your nice creations.

Julie

18 replies
BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 25 Jan 2020 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 19

This is my contribution, not much decorationsFriday Night Cake Club For 01-24-20 just a yummy chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 25 Jan 2020 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 19

@BettyA that looks delicious !!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 3:02am
post #4 of 19

Oh Betty, the decoration is perfect!  You know I swoon every time I see one of your chocolate cakes!

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 3:04am
post #5 of 19

I made gluten free cookies today, does that count?  Not because I needed gluten free, but because I purchased coconut flour thinking it would be delicious, only to discover that it is very finicky and requires very specific handling.  The cookies actually turned out delicious.

Laetia Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 3:43am
post #6 of 19

Your cake looks delicious BettyA!

Sandra, does the coconut flour have a strong coconut flavor? 

Laetia Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 3:50am
post #7 of 19

Here is my cake. I took my inspiration online from a cake made by Natalia Salazar. You should have seen the terror look on my niece's face when I told her I made the Little Pony carrot cake she asked for (she only eats chocolate cake). Priceless!

Chocolate cake filled with "chocolate chip cookie" inspired buttercream and ganache. This cake was yummy!

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 4:46am
post #8 of 19

Laetia , Your cake looks GREAT!!!

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 4:50am
post #9 of 19

You did a great job, Laetia!  That was mean, telling your niece you made carrot cake, lol.

No, I could barely detect a hint of coconut.  The cookies had peanut butter in them and it was probably the dominate taste.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 6:15am
post #10 of 19

it’s illegal for you to make such yummy chocolate  cakes w/o giving each of us a piece!!   Shame on you both:)   

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 11:54am
post #11 of 19

That chocolate cake looks yummy BettyA. Laetia that was mean, but I am sure she forgave you after seeing the real cake.  

I made a lemon cake with buttercream frosting for my daughter in law. Nothing fancy as I am finding it harder to bake without taking off work. 

MBalaska Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 6:00pm
post #12 of 19

@Laetia that cake is wonderful!  well done.

MBalaska Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 6:00pm
post #13 of 19

@Marian64 your cake is very bright colorful & cheerful.  Lovely.

Laetia Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 9:01pm
post #14 of 19

Thank you for your nice words. To reasure you, I dont think I was "that" mean with my niece. She is old enough by now to realise it was a joke... it simply took her a few second go realise it! Those few seconds were gold. Her reaction when she saw the real cake was as priceless. Best reaction I've got from her ever.

Love the color on your cake Marian, so vibrant!

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 9:13pm
post #15 of 19

I was kidding, Laetia!  I am sure your niece enjoyed your joke too, once she realized she was getting a chocolate cake, lol.

I love this cake, Marian64.  This is the kind of cake I like to eat and it does look very pretty, too!

Laetia, I've been known to do much worse!  When she was in her late 20's, my sister decided she wanted me to paint a portrait of her and specified that I emphasize her Native American traits and her "green" eyes (her eyes are brown!).  As much work as it was, I actually painted a complete portrait of her with her hair in braids, using a school picture when she was about 16 and looked 10, made her eyes much, much greener than they actually are and gave it a pink background.  She hates pink.  It was framed and everything.  Before I showed it to her, I told her it would not hurt my feelings if she didn't like it, to tell me the truth.  When I turned it around and showed her, she looked at it for a minute, hung her head and in a small voice said, "I don't like it".  About a minute later, my husband brought in her real portrait.  She stared at it, grabbed it and clutched it to her and started crying.  That was over 45 years ago and I still feel a little bit guilty.  On the other hand, she's done that kind of thing to me a thousand times, so it also makes me a little happy, lol!

Laetia Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 19

Sandra, I guess your sister got what she "deserves" if she play that kind of joke to you all the time. But the tought of her having to admit she doesnt like the first portrait... breaks my heart! Funny story

MBalaska Posted 26 Jan 2020 , 11:01pm
post #17 of 19

try putting about 1/4 cup of that coconut flour in your chocolate chip cookies.

SandraSmiley Posted 27 Jan 2020 , 12:39am
post #18 of 19

I will certainly try that MBalaska.  I love the little hint of coconut it lends to the bake.

Laetia, she really is a little shit and still is at age 65, plays tricks on the rest of us, incuding her children, all the time, lol.

SandraSmiley Posted 27 Jan 2020 , 4:27pm
post #19 of 19

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%