Friday Night Cake Club For 01-17-20

Decorating By Laetia Updated 19 Jan 2020 , 1:13am by kakeladi

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 7

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Wow, there is so much spam on here! I do not have anything to share with you this week, but I'm starting to plan a few cakes for 3 of my nieces and nephew in the next few week. I hope everyone had a nice caking week, I cant wait to see what you've made.

Julie

6 replies
louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 7

I made this for my daughters birthday today. It’s the first time I’ve done an anti-gravity cake. I learnt a lot and would do it differently next time as the big paintbrush isn’t very stable.

I mixed pre coloured fondant with a little boiling water and stirred till smooth to make the drops which worked quite well. 

Friday Night Cake Club For 01-17-20

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 7

adorable cake @Louglou, love all the colors.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 7

What a bright idea to thin out the fondant with water for the drip instead of royal icing or chocolate ganache! Briliant louglou

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Jan 2020 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 7

Great cake, Louglou!  Wish I could have seen your daughter's face!

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 19 Jan 2020 , 12:21am
post #6 of 7

Great cake & idea, This would be wonderful for my "artist" daughter.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jan 2020 , 1:13am
post #7 of 7

I agree with all the others!  Really nice idea & execution:)                           Regarding the spam it sure is sooo very disappointing to put up w/it    I miss the wonderful family we had   It’s nowhere near the same on any other site :(  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%