Butter Cream Roses Kakeladi

Decorating By ladyboutwell Updated 11 Jan 2020 , 6:43pm by kakeladi

ladyboutwell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyboutwell Posted 11 Jan 2020 , 11:45am
post #1 of 7

hey how are you my roses are coming out really good I am very pleased I don't know how to take a picture and post it  I was going to send a picture to my friend and the picture didn't do the rose justice and I thank you for all your help

6 replies
ladyboutwell Posted 11 Jan 2020 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 7

my roses don't look like the cake boss roses but I think they are very pretty

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Jan 2020 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 7

As much as I have watched that program I can’t picture in my mind how his look  LOL!   I’m really glad to hear you are satisfied :)     When you need a lot of them they can be air dried — just make them with a dryer/ slightly stiffer b’cream & let them dry — usually overnight is enough then they can be handled enough for placing w/o a problem   Make them up to 3 months or so, keeping them in a dry, covered place/box    Happy decorating!! 

ladyboutwell Posted 11 Jan 2020 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 7

thanks do you use the wilton  recipe for your decorators frosting

kakeladi Posted 11 Jan 2020 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 7

I’ll use it for making flowers but for all else I use *2 of everything * found in the recipe section of this site   It’s too soft for making roses - even the crusting version   Remember thou I don’t bake/decorate any more   The last cake I made was about a month ago & it was a total deaster:(   I’ve lost my touch   Actually I tried to cut corners instead of doing what I know works & it was awful 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 Jan 2020 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 7

I'm with you @kakeladi, I've been out of practice since moving to Florida.  I'm sure that your cake looked a thousand times better than anything that I'd come up with.

There are tons of nice roses being piped out there, the Cake Boss style is just one of them. Also different frostings will pipe and look quite different. For just piping flowers & leaves in a stiffer icing...…….. Edna De La Cruz has a nice recipe, & you can add a bit more meringue powder to make it stiffer. She used to post here on Cake Central.

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/28315/crusting-buttercream-recipe

kakeladi Posted 11 Jan 2020 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 7

You are so right about different icings resulting in different looking flowers   Also the difference in hand power/squeezing  —many different factors involved   I like to keep the icing stiff so the edges are cracked—looks more natural:)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%