How To Pipe These Leaves?

Decorating By dream_cakes15 Updated 3 Jan 2020 , 3:58pm by kakeladi

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 3 Jan 2020 , 1:30am
post #1 of 7

Hello could someone please give me advice on how to pipe those green leaves going around the cake? What piping tips do you suggest I should use? Please help! Thank you!How To Pipe These Leaves?

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Jan 2020 , 1:50am
post #2 of 7

I don't think they are  piped......I think they are fondant.   You could try piping using the smallest tips you can find.  Starting at the #1 and moving to your left: The darkest tree (#1) is probably piped w/a very small round tip like #2/light pressure or if you have it maybe a 65s again w/very light pressure, then draw a toothpick down the middle; The next tree (#2)is probably the same manor only start the piping at the stem & allow it to come to a point at the end; draw/press a line in the middle   The next  one (#3)  start the piping away from the stem drawing it to a point at the stem using the #2 tip w/the line in the middle;  (#4): would be about the same as #2 only the y are closer together & a darker color;  (#5) is probably piped with a #1s tip or smaller - just lots of little lines; then the tall tree (#6) I would make two lines w/tip1 one right next bringing the tips of those lines together to a point for each leaf    All you do is repeat those around the cake.    Using a tiny cutter you could punch out those leaves much faster in fondant but then placing then probably would need tweezers to place them :)

dream_cakes15 Posted 3 Jan 2020 , 2:11am
post #3 of 7

Awesome! Thank you so much! I thought it was fondant also, but I figure maybe it’ll be faster if I pipe it but now I’m wondering if I should just play it safe and just go the fondant route lol  

kakeladi Posted 3 Jan 2020 , 2:50am
post #4 of 7

It's not going to be easy -- practice a bit on parchment or styro 1st

dream_cakes15 Posted 3 Jan 2020 , 6:27am
post #5 of 7

Will do. Thank you again!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Jan 2020 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 7

I agree that they are made of fondant.  It should be too hard, mostly rolling out a lot of little pointy logs and adding a bit of texture with a dresden tool or toothpick.  You could make them on a piece of waxed paper and let the set up about half way, then apply them to the cake.

kakeladi Posted 3 Jan 2020 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 7

I can see it done either way:)   The only one I can’t see done w/fondant is the one w/all the tiny lines —the one just before the palm tree 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%