ladyboutwell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyboutwell Posted 31 Dec 2019 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 4

can you explain the the basics to me how you taught them in class thanks

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Dec 2019 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 4

Are you right or left handed?     Start by having stiff consistency icing;  it needs to be stiff enough to hold the petals but should not hurt your hand when piping nor crack while squeezing it out;  work on a flower nail covered with a square of waxed paper  make a mound the size & shape of a Hersey’s Kiss candy   If you are right handed turn the nail clockwise left handed turns counterclockwise    Now aim the tip (#104) at the top of the cone right in the middle — actually just nearly insert it  in the cone &  start to squeeze while pulling back a bit while turning the nail & tipping the tip slightly towards the cone   W/o a picture to see this is very hard to understand   You want to form a ribbon around the cone that looks like an upside down piping tip  — leaving a small hole on the top    That’s all for now   Practice that much   I’ll continue a bit  later —have to go have some breakfast:)  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jan 2020 , 1:51am
post #3 of 4

See new post “update on buttercream rose making “ ! 

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 1 Jan 2020 , 2:11am
post #4 of 4

I made a video...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ln0UTKg5d5OVNmsBZsmO4-8Y9X0xhxuZ

I don't use scissors to take the roses off the stick. It's not the most productive way if you have to put your bag down to grab another tool (the scissors) to run up the nail/stick and then use another step to wipe it off the scissors.

With this setup, you can easily make 600 roses per hour. I'll explain... You'll need:

1=Full size BUN sheet cake pan (approx. 18" x 24"),

?=Bakery pan liners (parchment-type paper),

1=Optional 20" custom-fabricated metal rod with three 1" spikes or Optional 20" custom-fabricated wooden rod with three 1" hardware nails.

First of all, you need to modify one of your full size BUN pans by:

1.) cutting off two corners,

2.) folding down the entire edge of that end of the pan, and

3.) cutting notches out of the lipped area up to the bend.

Before cutting the notches, you need to decide your preference as to how many roses that you want your pan to hold.

(6 roses per row X 8 rows = 48 roses per pan every 5 minutes, or 7 roses per row X 11 rows = 77 roses per pan every 7-8 minutes.)

Tape your parchment pan liner over the notched area on the pan and let the rest of the paper hang freely below

(or use the optional rod instead of tape, but you'll need to cut additional notches for each row in the pan sides to hold the rod).

To remove your completed rose from the stick, wipe or drag each rose into one of the "V"-shaped notches in the pan that is covered by the paper.

When you've completed one row, move the paper up and continue piping another row of roses. Repeat until the pan is full.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%