Friday Night Cake Club For 12-13-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 19 Dec 2019 , 3:25am by SandraSmiley

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 13

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Christmas is just around the corner and I feel like I'm going to be late to it! I've never been so behind in my preparation. My house is not decorated yet, no present bought, Christmas cookies are not done... I better stop loosing time here, I guess I have a busy day ahead of me!

I cant wait to see all your great creations!

Julie

12 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 13

Hey Julie don’t feel like the Lone Ranger   I just got my tree up Thursday —  and ONLY because my daughter threw it in the room after using it at her school   It was mangled so I had to straighten it out to put it away so figured I might as well put it up & decorate it    Have no Christmas spirit this year:(   No plans, no gifts   Our ‘gift’ to ourselves was a new dishwasher &  disposer which are supposed to be installed today     I did try a new recipe last evening —  ever hear of grapefruit cake?   I was blessed w/unlimited grapefruits, didn’t know what to do with them so looked up recipes on the ‘net   Found a few for cake & tried one   Tastes really good but sooo sticky!   

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 13

I have baked tons of cookies. Need to make my turtles and mints by Christmas. Even made a birthday cake for my niece who eats ranch on anything besides cake, except for today. Thankfully she didn’t want it to taste like Ranch so it is just an vanilla/buttercream cake.

Friday Night Cake Club For 12-13-19Friday Night Cake Club For 12-13-19

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 13

I have baked tons of cookies. Need to make my turtles and mints by Christmas. Even made a birthday cake for my niece who eats ranch on anything besides cake, except for today. Thankfully she didn’t want it to taste like Ranch so it is just an vanilla/buttercream cake.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 15 Dec 2019 , 1:05am
post #5 of 13

Such a cute cake!  I know she loved it.

Laetia Posted 15 Dec 2019 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 13

Thats a funny cake Marian64! I sometime wonder how people come up with such unusual theme/idea for cake!

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Dec 2019 , 4:01am
post #7 of 13

This is an Icing Smiles cake that I delivered today.  The little character, if you are not familiar, is supposed to be Queen Bee from LOL Surprise.

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 16 Dec 2019 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 13

Busy weekend for me because I had three cakes to get out the door.  Luckily they were on the smaller side, but I am happy they are done and now I can worry about getting stuff together for Christmas.

1) Rubber Ducky Smash Cake

2) Meme-themed sheet cake with a little nod to The Office.  First time using an edible image.  I placed it on white fondant first because I had read that placing it on dark colored buttercream could cause issues.  I wish the edible image came out clearer.  I used a local sweet shop to print it for me and she scanned the picture so that is probably why it wasn't super clear since it was a scan of a printed image.  If I had more time I may have tried ordering it through an Etsy seller who would just print directly from a computer file.  Not sure if that would have made a difference.

3) Polar Bear/Winter Wonderland Cake, Cupcakes and Smash Cake for a 1st Birthday

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Dec 2019 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 13

Sandra and Freckles your work is great as usual   Sandra a   Happy faces show how it was liked   Freckles I love those soft colors & that ducky is so well done 

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Dec 2019 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 13

All great cakes, Freckles0829!  The rubber ducky is adorable and I love the whole snow teddy presentation, beautiful!

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Dec 2019 , 3:37pm
post #11 of 13

Thank you, kakeladi!  This is the 5th Icing Smiles cake I've made for this family and we have gotten to know and love each other.  It is a joy the put a smile on the children's faces.

Laetia Posted 19 Dec 2019 , 12:22am
post #12 of 13

Beautiful cake and sculpture Sandra. Look at Alyssa's smile, it is priceless!

Freckles0829, your rubber ducky and polar bear cakes are the most adorable edible thing ever!

SandraSmiley Posted 19 Dec 2019 , 3:25am
post #13 of 13

Thank you kindly, Laetia!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%