Help! Found Grandmothers Carrot Cake Recipe But Direction Aren’T Clear.

Baking By Kate13 Updated 13 Dec 2019 , 2:58am by kakeladi

Kate13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate13 Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 2:48am
post #1 of 3

I think I found my husbands grandmothers carrot cake recipe but it doesn’t say what type of pan to use. My husband swears that she used her pound cake pan (tube pan/angel food pan) for all cakes she made. However the recipe says to cook the cake for 30-35 mins at 350 degrees and I don’t feel like 30-35 minutes would be enough time in a tube pan? I have attached the recipe. What do you guys think? Should I just use 2-3 single layer round cake pans? Help! Found Grandmothers Carrot Cake Recipe But Direction Aren’T Clear.Help! Found Grandmothers Carrot Cake Recipe But Direction Aren’T Clear.

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 2:57am
post #2 of 3

It should definitely be made in regular cake pans and stacked and frosted.  In her instructions, she even says to spread the frosting between layers.  I guess it is possible to bake a carrot cake in a tube pan, but then you wouldn't have the yummy cream cheese frosting throughout the cake.  This recipe will probably fit two 9" round pans.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 2:58am
post #3 of 3

That recipe reads like a sweet bread sometimes called a “tea cake”   It most certainly can be baked in “regular” round pans if you want:)   Time & temp notes would be right   I’d increase the cinnamon to Tablespoon :)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%