Friday Night Cake Club For 12-06-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 15 Dec 2019 , 5:51pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 7 Dec 2019 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 29

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I cant wait to see all your great creations!

Julie

28 replies
Laetia Posted 9 Dec 2019 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 29

Bump

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Dec 2019 , 3:01am
post #3 of 29

Spent the month learning to make macarons.  Tried all 3 methods, and numerous recipes for 15 total batches.  Tried just about every tip & trick that was recommended.  Finally settled on the simplest Basic French macaron.  Now I don't think that I'll ever make another one in my life haha  what a PITA.....

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Dec 2019 , 4:35am
post #4 of 29

Never even tried making them & don’t think I ever will:)   Spent my weekend making mini tea breads green tomato & persimmon bot didn’t take pix

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 10 Dec 2019 , 5:53am
post #5 of 29

Made these on Friday 000_6176.JPG000_6182.JPG

kakeladi Posted 10 Dec 2019 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 29

Bump 

MBalaska Posted 10 Dec 2019 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 29

those cakes are sweet BettyA, love the colors. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 1:40am
post #8 of 29

You macarons looks absolutely perfect, MBalaska!  I've made them three times and they turned out pretty well.  In my opinion, a good oatmeal, peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie beats the heck out of them for taste!

Betty, I am unable to see your cakes :o(

SandraSmiley Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 1:41am
post #9 of 29

Oh, I made a chocolate swiss roll filled with whipped cream and topped with ganache.  This was my second try and I had NO CRACKS, but didn't make a picture.

BettyA Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 2:27am
post #10 of 29

Don't know what happen Sandra but here they are again.Friday Night Cake Club For 12-06-19

BettyA Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 2:28am
post #11 of 29

kakeladi Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 3:07pm
post #12 of 29

Bump 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 6:31pm
post #13 of 29

Friday Night Cake Club For 12-06-19@MBalaska....we must be vibing or something because I did the same thing this month and I am now SICK TO DEATH of these stupid macarons. So temperamental. I was literally cursing out my strawberry batter yesterday.

MBalaska Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 11:14pm
post #14 of 29

I'm with you @MerMadeBakedGoods  "Sick to Death" of these things.  hahahaha  I just don't know what the mad fanatical obsession for them is.

Quote by @MerMadeBakedGoods on 4 hours ago

Friday Night Cake Club For 12-06-19@MBalaska....we must be vibing or something because I did the same thing this month and I am now SICK TO DEATH of these stupid macarons. So temperamental. I was literally cursing out my strawberry batter yesterday.

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 2:51am
post #15 of 29

Aww, perfect little unicorn cake, Betty.  They are so cute, but I've never had occasion to make one.  Love the colors and the cherries on the birthday cake, gorgeous as always!

MerMadeBakedGoods, your macarons look wonderful, too.  I think the fascination is more with their ability to dress up a cake in any color or flavor and not so much on their own.  They are good, I've never met a cookie I didn't like, but not in my top 20.

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 3:00am
post #16 of 29

I totally agree! At least when I make them they’re way too sweet and I’m not that excited about the consistency, either...

tonight I made cheesecake cookies with a bourbon caramel drizzle. Now THEY were worth it :)

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 3:03am
post #17 of 29

They sound wonderful, MerMadeBakedGoods!  I just got through making peanut butter buttercream to fill and frost a chocolate cake tomorrow.  It will have Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the filling too.  It is so good!

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 3:15am
post #18 of 29

Oh my goodness, Sandra...that’s my favorite!!! Peanut butter cups are such a good idea for texture! I’m totally doing that next time :)

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Dec 2019 , 10:56pm
post #19 of 29

MerMadeBakedGoods, Mike and I just ate some of the trimmings with the buttercream and a couple of chopped mini cups and it was delicious!

Laetia Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 12:33pm
post #20 of 29

Wow, MbAlaska and MerMadeBakedGoods! You sure have take the fast track on the learning curve of macarons, they are gorgeous and looks so yummy! Never try making them, I'm way too intimidated...

Pretty cake BettyA, the cherry one is precious!

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 3:17pm
post #21 of 29

The cakes are cute and the macaroons look perfect.

i keep reading recipes on making macaroons but they seem like a lot of work. The cake sounds delicious.and those cheesecake cookies sound like they would be worth it.

post #22 of 29

i keep reading recipes on making macaroons but they seem like a lot of work. The cake sounds delicious.and those cheesecake cookies sound like they would be worth it.

post #23 of 29

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 3:25pm
post #24 of 29

Marian64 - after all my practice with macarons, I’ve only made 2 batches that look the way they should and only ONE of those batches tastes right. I can’t believe people churn these out no problem. 

For anyone that wants to give it a go - i can  definitely say that letting your egg whites mature for a day and using parchment paper instead of a silpat made a difference.

Laetia Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 3:30pm
post #25 of 29

Cheesecake cookies? I've missed that on first read... now I want some!

MBalaska Posted 14 Dec 2019 , 6:44pm
post #26 of 29

Quote by @MerMadeBakedGoods on 3 hours ago

Marian64 - after all my practice with macarons, I’ve only made 2 batches that look the way they should and only ONE of those batches tastes right. I can’t believe people churn these out no problem. 

For anyone that wants to give it a go - i can  definitely say that letting your egg whites mature for a day and using parchment paper instead of a silpat made a difference.

agreed, maturing & parchment work best.  They are a Pain in the Butt.  I'd rather make roll out cookies & decorate them for color when needed.

Marian64 Posted 15 Dec 2019 , 1:01pm
post #27 of 29

@MerMadedBakeGoods and MBalaska thank you for the advice. I will definitely remember that if I get brave enough to try..

Laetia Posted 15 Dec 2019 , 5:46pm
post #28 of 29

It might be a dumb question, but what fo you mezn by letting the egg white mature?

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 15 Dec 2019 , 5:51pm
post #29 of 29

Just crack the eggs  and separate egg whites into a bowl or measuring cup... but then let them sit out for 24 hours (instead of just an hour or two to get to room temperature).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%