Wedding Planner Redecorated My Cake !

Business By Jersey_Sweets Updated 27 Nov 2019 , 1:14pm by -K8memphis

Jersey_Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jersey_Sweets Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 6

So I did a cake this weekend... and Tyne bride I discussed her look and vision... a simple, elegant cake with just a few flowers... she even supplied the pink flowers she wanted used... with only 2 roses.... when I delivered the room wasn't ready so I left the cake on the counter and the venue assured me they would take care of it.

Today she thanks me for a beautiful cake and sends me a picture of the cake... redone ! They added a ton of white flowers. She was thrilled and said it was delicious and beautiful...  But it wasn't quite my cake !!

I know that she paid me and it doesnt matter in the end.  She was happy ... but the artist in me is feeling a little twang .. like they touched my cake !! I dont know what would all feel ?  My cake on the left...  The redone cake on the rightWedding Planner Redecorated My Cake !

5 replies
MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:09am
post #2 of 6

I’d be very perturbed.

also...did they just JAM fresh flowers into the cake?!?!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:11am
post #3 of 6

I completely understand your feelings, Jersey_Sweets, like you've been violated!  For what it is worth, I prefer the elegance of your design.  I was a Fine Arts major in college with a minor in Education.  During an Art Education class, we were taught to NEVER touch someone else's piece.  If something could be improved by making a change, instruct the artist, but do not touch it yourself.  I totally agree.  As you said, in the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter worth a fig, but I do understand your consternation.

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 6

Oh yeah. I'd be very upset. I'd make a point to show her how it was left.

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 6

Oh yeah. I'd be very upset. I'd make a point to show her how it was left.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 6

if I got paid i’d be ok — it’s not uncommon to add more flowers — they just probably had extras — both cakes are lovely —

if it was a sculpture of a white dog and they changed it to a black cat — idk they bought it — I always said to my brides — the wedding taking place is not contingent on this cake being produced and delivered — 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%