Ptso Ideas Ideas !!

Decorating By mvigil Updated 6 Oct 2005 , 1:56pm by mommymarilyn

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 14

Hi everyone !
I came to a place were I Knew I could get ideas from other parent and teachers on how you raise funds for your schools !
Also what fun activaties do you have for a Fall Carnival icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

We do bake sales -bingos - car washes -sell candy and cristmas iteams
And for the carnivals we have games like, dime toss -ring toss- face painting -beading necklaces or braclets - Cake walk thumbs_up.gif
I know I'm forgeting other things we do .

I was elecet last night at my boyz school for PTSO Vice President
So any ideas you have would be great. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

13 replies
pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 14

My mom does a lot of fundraising type things for the nursing home she works for. One thing that always brings in the money is an auction. They put together baskets - big ones, and spend about $20 or so on items for the basket, and auction it off for $1/ticket. They did a chocolate one (cocoa, huge candy bar, chocolate flavored lip gloss, etc etc) and raised almost $200!

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 14

I have a great idea for you...

why don't you get a few parents or teachers to volunteer...and what you can do is a "cooks tour"

you can schedule a couple of tours per day...it's like a mobile party..

everyone gathers at one house and the "host" demos and gives samples of the item they demo...like cookies.apetizers....

It may sound like a lot of people to have in one house..

Maybe the local restaurants can do this..

each restaurant in the area can do..

one the apetizers..

and so forth till you get to the dessert..

they don't have to be full on courses, they can do it like a tasting menu...

it gets the business and the community involved..???

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 14

My DH is a band director--talk about fundraising--we aren't supported by the school like football and the such....Don't get me started! Anyway, the thing that brings in the most money for the least effort is always the auction. We do things alittle differently. I contact area businesses to see who would like to make a donation. They are announced at the auction for advertising purposes. Alot of area hair dressers, vets, ect.. make up gift certificates for their services in hopes of gaining a new client, and department stores(expecially specialty stores)donate an item. I usually spend about 2-3 days on the phone and give a list of items to band booster members for collection. At intermission of a concert items are auctioned off. If you do this try to cause a stir in the crowd. Get them bidding against each other-for fun. Most items will go for more than they are worth, just for bragging rights. Most people think-o well I was going to get a hair cut anyway may as well have the money go to the band.
Don't forget to hit up hotels--they will offer a weekend stay. Make up a package of a weekend stay, movies, and dinner for raffle. 18 and older please!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 14

NEWTODECORATING, that sounds awesome!

Here's my big success story, although I did it in college, so you may have to rework it to suit your school age &/or functions. During the week of homecoming, we set up a table in the foyer of the science building and collected money as votes for a Kiss the Pig contest. At the end of the week, the professor who's jar had collected the most money had to kiss a real pig during the homecoming parade. It was hilarious, because the teachers started really getting interested in how they were doing, and would put money in other teacher's jars to take themselves out of the lead! You could maybe have the principle and a few of the popular teachers do it. Just make sure to ask them ahead of time if they are willing to do it if they actually 'win'!!! icon_razz.gif

mvigil Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 14

WOW this are great !! icon_lol.gif

Thanks now I have ideas who I could ask for donations in my area thumbs_up.gif !!

mvigil Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 3:10pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsandraven

NEWTODECORATING, that sounds awesome!

Here's my big success story, although I did it in college, so you may have to rework it to suit your school age &/or functions. During the week of homecoming, we set up a table in the foyer of the science building and collected money as votes for a Kiss the Pig contest. At the end of the week, the professor who's jar had collected the most money had to kiss a real pig during the homecoming parade. It was hilarious, because the teachers started really getting interested in how they were doing, and would put money in other teacher's jars to take themselves out of the lead! You could maybe have the principle and a few of the popular teachers do it. Just make sure to ask them ahead of time if they are willing to do it if they actually 'win'!!! icon_razz.gif

Thats really FUNNY !!!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 14

At my sons school each grade levelhas an auction. Every glass makes something some big things others smal things. Last year a pillow case with the kids hand prints on it from one class sold for 80 bucks. At our fall festival we have a bunch of booths and you buytickets ahead of time and each booth cost 1 or 2 tickets. we have a hair color booth were we spray the kids with that wash out color spray. we have a tattoo booth. and most of what you already mentioned. At Christmas time the kids draw a Christmas card and you have the option to buy real cards made fromthe one your kids made. I think they seel 12 or them for like 20 bucks. paretng o nuts over them every year. Each grade level has program they do through out the year and each time the school has a dinner that you have to pay to eat all the food is donated by parents. At our towns local pow wow the school alwasy has something either a bounce house or rock climbing wall. we have other things but i cant think of them right now. hope this helps

susan

mvigil Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 3:55pm
post #9 of 14

Hi Susan,
I love your ideas icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Our Fall Carnival will be on a Friday night so I think the Hair Color and tattoo boths will be a great hit ! thumbs_up.gif SO the staff does not have to worry about the kids coming in with hair colors and tattoo the next day .

I also liked the christmas card and pillow case ideas .

Their is allways a food sale at each event -each class brings in certain foods and that money goes to fund raising

My hubby owns a jump house so were taking that over !

Thanks everbody I love this ideas! thumbs_up.gif

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 14

OMG love the kiss the pig idea!...that would be hilarious in a culinary school...

Got to keep that one in mind..

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 6:06pm
post #11 of 14

With more prep time you can try a Longenberger basket bingo. Everyone pays x amount to play and a basket is given as the prize.
That can be pampered chief/caballa's/whatever works.
I will keep thinking. We have tried about a gazillion things.

We did the penny jar thing too. Of course, we through in a catch--every nickle cancels out 5 pennies. So if a teacher was getting worried they might win a few nickles would help them out of the mess.

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 6:30pm
post #12 of 14

All the ideas brought up one we did as seniors in High School. It was called Slave Day. Seniors would auction themselves off to other students. The students who paid got to make them do whatever they wanted - within school rules, of course. Popular students could go for at least $50...

They would come to the school the next day goofily dressed up. Football players in pink bunny suits. One guys last name was Butterworth, so they made him dress up as Mrs. Butterworth and recite a poem about the syrup. It's hysterical! icon_lol.gif

mvigil Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 7:54pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooker

All the ideas brought up one we did as seniors in High School. It was called Slave Day. Seniors would auction themselves off to other students. The students who paid got to make them do whatever they wanted - within school rules, of course. Popular students could go for at least $50...

They would come to the school the next day goofily dressed up. Football players in pink bunny suits. One guys last name was Butterworth, so they made him dress up as Mrs. Butterworth and recite a poem about the syrup. It's hysterical! icon_lol.gif

I rember Slave day from high school also icon_lol.gif
Thats a funny story !

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 1:56pm
post #14 of 14

All the auctions sound great - you should do a cake and auction that off! When my boys played baseball, I always did a cake for auction and they usually sold for at least $75.00! It was really fun to see the parents from different teams outbidding each other!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%