Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 28 Nov 2019 , 2:01am by BettyA

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 15 Nov 2019 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 32

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Hi everyone! I have nothing to share with you this week, but I'm impatient to see what you have  made. I may not be able to start fncc next week as I'm going to be out of the country. So, if one of you feel like starting it, go for it! 

Julie

31 replies
angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 1:43am
post #2 of 32

I've been wanting to try a birch cake for awhile now, and I finally did one this week

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 32

I’ve never had the urge to eat a tree stump before!!!

This week I had football team cookies due, and I also made lemon blueberry cake and pancakes BAKED IN THE OVEN!! Yup... I was THAT lazy.Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19

angesradieux Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 32

Your lemon blueberry cake looks delicious! I'm also intrigues by the idea of pancakes in the oven. Did they come out good? I might steal that idea. The football cookies are adorable, too. I'm not too into football, but I have family members who would absolutely love something like that.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 1:04am
post #6 of 32

Ummm, ummm, that cake makes my mouth water!  You weren't lazy, MerMadeBakedGoods, you were working smarter!  Your cookies look great.  I know they were a hit.

Laetia Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 5:07am
post #7 of 32

Nice cake angeradieux, I love how you've included the pine cone and holly in your design. I guess countdow to Christmas is officialy started!

Your cookies are looking great MerMadeBakedGoods. I wish I lived in your neighbourhood to steal a piece of your lemon blueberry cake, it looks so delicious!

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 8:57am
post #8 of 32

I’m definitely stealing the pancakes baked in the oven idea. Do you think they freeze well? That would be a nice easy breakfast or after school snack. 

I made this Elsa unicorn cake. The braid was my least favourite bit. I’m not great at piping. 

SandraSmiley Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 7:16pm
post #9 of 32

Gorgeous Frozen Unicorn, louglou!  You braid is beautiful!

angesradieux Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 8:20pm
post #10 of 32

I love your Elsa unicorn! I want that to be my next birthday cake. The braid looks great

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 10:43pm
post #11 of 32

It's simply impossible to look at these photos every week without drooling & getting hungry for your deserts !!  LOL

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 1:05pm
post #12 of 32

I made a rustic, fall theme cake for a bridal shower.  It was a nice change to do an all buttercream cake instead of one covered in fondant.

SandraSmiley Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 1:30pm
post #13 of 32

It is beautiful, Freckles0829!  Great job on the bark and I love the little pumpkins.

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 1:35pm
post #14 of 32

Yes - those pancakes freeze well but only if you mix the fruit all the way into the batter..when i sprinkle the fruit on top not so much :).

That I absolutely gorgeous, Freckles!!! Well done!!!! Louglou..your cake is completely awesome and I’m sure the little girl was amazed. I have to do one of those in 2 weeks...any tips on making that buttercream braid?

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 18 Nov 2019 , 1:51pm
post #15 of 32

That’s good to know MerMade. I think raspberry and choc chip would go down well with my kids. 

Regarding the plait, I just did a kind of crisscross pattern but the ends look messy. I think it would be better to curl the beginning of each under. Like when you do a shell border. Hope that makes sense. 

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 20 Nov 2019 , 8:31am
post #16 of 32

The little pumpkins are adorable!!  I think the braid on the Elsa unicorn cake is just lovely   :)

I've had a couple of buttercream/fresh flower wedding cakes recently. The weather is starting to warm up here in Perth, Aus - one of the cakes was delivered on a 40C day (104F). Thankfully that particular venue was a cidery and their cool-room was bigger than my house so I got to stack and arrange the flowers in cool comfort!

Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19

SandraSmiley Posted 20 Nov 2019 , 7:40pm
post #17 of 32

Both cakes are absolutely stunning, me_me1!  I do love a buttercream cake!

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 11:08pm
post #18 of 32

Lovely cakes me_me1 , Beautiful flower arrangements too..

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 5:16pm
post #19 of 32

hey — looks like last call — the lights are flickering here —

let’s meet up on  “keep calm and cake on” on fb

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 5:30pm
post #20 of 32

K8 - I’m not on Facebook :(

any other suggestions?

-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 8:18pm
post #21 of 32

can you not get on???????

-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 8:21pm
post #22 of 32

come o-on! you gotta come — i’ll still be here for a while — but we need everybody!!

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 1:21am
post #23 of 32

I agree MerMadeBakedGoods!  Keep Calm and Cake On was created so a group of us who met through another site which failed could stay together.  Everyone is just like us, kind and supportive.  You too, BettyA, it's time!

BettyA Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 2:24am
post #24 of 32

I just opened an account on FB just now, now what do I do with it. It looks confusing to me. I don't know what I'm doing or how to get on the Keep Calm and Cake On. The one I see has a "pretty girl" as a profile pic holding a cc. Is that it?

Laetia Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 2:47am
post #25 of 32

Hello everyone!

I'm back from my trip. Good bye sun, heat and farniente. Welcome back real life! Since last week post is still going on, I will not start another one for now. I saw the post about Keep calm and cake on and I thonk it's a goog idea. I'm joining too.

@louglou your elsa/unicorn cake is precious. What an origknal way to blend those 2 themes.

@Freckles0829 what a pretty weddind cake. I love the mix of flowers and white pumpkins!

@me_me1 those 2 cakes are amazing! There's something in the blue one that realy realy speaks to me. 

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 3:01am
post #26 of 32

This week’s orders....

Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-15-19

Laetia Posted 26 Nov 2019 , 12:50pm
post #27 of 32

Busy week MerMadeBakedGoods! I would bite in one heart cookie anytime, yum!  Love the train cake too!

SandraSmiley Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 3:18am
post #28 of 32

MerMadeBakedGoods, everything looks great, especially those oatmeal cookies!  Great cakes!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 4:36am
post #29 of 32

BettyA  Sounds like you got to the same page that I get   Is it “Samatha’s cakes” w/179 posts/& or pix?   

BettyA Posted 27 Nov 2019 , 4:56am
post #30 of 32

yes.. That's all I can find and the link has expired that's up there. It's to confusing for my simple brain.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%