Fondant Cupcake Topper Boxes And Packaging

Sugar Work By amandalee4 Updated 17 Nov 2019 , 1:08am by SandraSmiley

amandalee4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandalee4 Posted 15 Nov 2019 , 4:18am
post #1 of 5

Hi. I have an order for only fondant cupcake toppers. I won't be making her the actual cupcakes. How would I deliver these to her? I'm trying to see how I could package them in a box without them moving around. For example, they sell cupcake inserts to hold them in place. What could I use to hold the topper in place? I thought about using cupcake inserts, but I don't like how they are too tall in comparison to the flat toppers. ALSO, I wouldn't want the client to accidentally break one while trying to take they out. One person suggested to add a tiny dab of buttercream to each of them to "glue" them down. That would definitely work , but Idk how the client would mind that.  Thank you for any help or suggestions.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2019 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 5

the buttercream dollop is a great idea — cut the corner off a cake board — i’m picturing a quarter sheet or half sheet board and box — adhere the toppers onto the board with the icing — then the board won’t flex and loosen the toppers when you carry the box — and the cut off corner will allow your client to have a spot to pick the board up out of the box so she can then run a knife under the toppers to loosen them all — 

amandalee4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandalee4 Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for your resoonse :) 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Nov 2019 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 5

you are welcome

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Nov 2019 , 1:08am
post #5 of 5