2 Hr Transport Wedding Cake- What To Do

Baking By jguilbeau Updated 24 Oct 2019 , 1:33am by SandraSmiley

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 23 Oct 2019 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing a wedding cake with 2 tiers that has to travel 2 hours in Louisiana heat.  

Should I torte, filling, stack, icing and freeze to pray it thaws properly during the trip then assemble the tiers and repair icing when I get to the event location?

Or

Torte all layers, freeze each torted layer separately, get to event location 2 hrs ahead to stack, filing, icing then assemble?  That will be lots of tiered layers to freeze and transport, 8 in all.

Help what would you do?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Oct 2019 , 12:02am
post #2 of 3

decorate and stack or stack on site -- store it in the fridge not the freezer -- box it efficiently and travel to the venue -- corrugated cardboard boxes like movers boxes -- hold the cold in there -- you can add freezer packs if you want -- make sure they don't leak condensation on the cake -- wrap them well and keept hem securely fastened inside the box

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Oct 2019 , 1:33am
post #3 of 3

If it is just two tiers, I would complete the cake at home and transport it already stacked.  Keep well chilled and transport in a cool box.  I use Serdar Yener's method for all deliveries, summer and winter.  The only thing I do differently is to leave one end open so the cake slides in and out without having to try and lift it out the top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%