$500 Curling Iron/hair Dryer — Kid You Not

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 19 Oct 2019 , 9:37pm by MBalaska

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 16

check out the video — it’s really cool new technology — who wouldn’t want one but dang

https://www.qvc.com/content/beauty/dyson-airwrap-hair-styling-tool.html

15 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 16

Not ever in my whole life have I spent that much time fixing my hair!  Sure not going to start now, lol.  Give me a blow dryer and a pony tail any day.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 16

As a hairstylist, this would almost be worth the investment. Now I have to check it out lol

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 16

one +1 one thumbsdown

it looks purely brilliant but that price

momma mia!

SandraSmiley Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 16

Well, you  must consider the source, Kate!  Have you seen my hairdo, lol?!  These pictures were made 7 years apart....Looks about like it did when I was in high school, except white.

0 Curling Iron/hair Dryer — Kid You Not

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 16

1st of all...….. OMG SandraSmiley you are absolutely Beautiful!!  I love your hair.  I'm a simply hair person like you are, however I wear a pony tail every day.

2nd...…… If I fixed a lot of hair, that product might be worth every penny.    I mostly go with a ponytail or barrettes.

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 16

sandra --you wear it well, my friend --

I am reliving a childhood dream -- I wear my hair in a ponytail made of small ringlets -- twisted up across the top of my head that I wear on the side -- so you can see it a bit from the front -- deflect from the face a bit hahahaha 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 10:35pm
post #8 of 16

I don't even have 4" of hair so and i'm not that much of a hair person either so take me as I am :)  As it my grays it gets wirey - can't do much with it :(   But - I've earned every one of those gray hairs!

SandraSmiley Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 12:43am
post #9 of 16

Thank you for your sweet words, MBalaska and -K8memphis!  Don't you love slightly out of focus, head on flash pictures?!!  They hide a host of flaws.

I've had long hair all of my life except once.  In my 30's I had my hair cut really short, shaved over the ears and about 1-1/2" on top.  The idea was to wear it sort of spikey.  I learned a few things....my head is too small for my body, so I need all that hair to puff it up; my hair is much too fine to spike, it looked like I was wearing a black bathing cap or had my head spray painted black; it was cold in the winter, and, last but not least; I had to FIX it!  I promised God that if he would let me get a pony tail again, I'd never make that mistake again and I have not.  I just rock my gray pony tail!  

MBalaska, I wear a pony tail a lot, almost all the time in the summer.

-K8memphis, that pony tail sounds cute!  I've worn an off center pony tail in my day (long ago), but I think I am just too plain for that.  Oddly, back in the days of formal dances and functions, I loved elaborate up dos.  Still do like to wear it up.

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 4:10am
post #10 of 16

Well Ms Sandra, my friend.....YOU (as MBalaska said)  are a beautiful lady. You look the same in both pics. I can't tell which one was made 7 yrs ago. I too have always had a hair problem, very thin like my Mothers and as I've gotten older have lost a lot.  I have wigs I like to wear when I need them, so I can give myself a "new do" when ever I want. BY the way... My birthday was Wednesday I am now 83 and proud to have made it this far.  

-K8memphis Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 12:46pm
post #11 of 16

tadacake happy birthday, betty! 

(((big bday hug)))

SandraSmiley Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 5:31pm
post #12 of 16

Thank you so much, dear friend, sweet Betty!  The picture on the left was made about 8 or 9 years ago now, I guess and the other one was made this January.  The reason they don't look a lot different, wrinkle wise anyway, is that I am about 35 pounds heavier in the second one.  The fat filled in the wrinkles, lol.  I am FINALLY back down to my life long weight range, 124 lbs., and believe me, with the weight loss came the wrinkles!  I honestly don't even care because, like you, I am just grateful to have had the privilege of living this long.

Happy, happy birthday to you, Betty!  You were one of my very first cake friends and have been so much help and inspiration to me. I cannot count the times I've made your pound cake - best ever!

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 6:34pm
post #13 of 16

My dear Sandra, beyond you appearance (that is just beautiful) I count on the real beauty that no eye can see. The joy of your creations, your inspiring messages, your constant encouragement... that is your real beauty! And lovely ladies, the same thing applies to all of you...That is the reason I keep loving this site... beyond the galleries, gorgeous cakes, advice, is the clever friendship I found here!

Now, as for me, I started veiling (covering my head) almost 9 years ago, and for soooo many reasons, some very complex and some very simple, it has been a great relief to stop worrying about my hair. Now I have time to worry about the important things in my life...!

And finally, Oh Betty, I had no clue you were turning 83... you could almost be my grandmother! May God keep blessing your hands and your amazing talent... keep going girl... lets count together to 100!

MBalaska Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 8:15pm
post #14 of 16

0 Curling Iron/hair Dryer — Kid You Not0 Curling Iron/hair Dryer — Kid You Not12 years ago & now, hair is still the same

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 9:31pm
post #15 of 16

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. It was a nice day. ReginaCoeliB, you expressed my sentiments exactly about this site, I haven't been on here long but I feel right at home with all of you. Regina, my Mother lived to be almost 101, she missed by a month & her mind, as sharp as a tack.  MBalaska You are blessed with a lovely head of hair, looks nice & thick. Mine was never like that, that's why I began wearing wigs, I got tired of trying to make what hair I had into what it could never be.

MBalaska Posted 19 Oct 2019 , 9:37pm
post #16 of 16

I took up K8's challenge to post photos.  You can wear whatever you want to.  It's your world and you all should make yourselves happy & enjoy your lives.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%