Friday Night Cake Club For 10-11-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 18 Oct 2019 , 12:44am by SandraSmiley

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 14 Oct 2019 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 13

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

So sorry everyone for the belated start of  FNCC... I was out of town, actually out in the woods, for the last camping trip of the year. I totaly forgot to start the thread friday afternoon before I left for the "no electronics allowed" week end". At least I saw that last week FNCc was still going on!

Julie

12 replies
angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 14 Oct 2019 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 13

Ghost cake

Roses

Barbie cake

The first two were cakes that were made incorrectly, so I was able to try new designs and mark them as managers specials. The barbie one was a custome order. In his infinite wisdom, my boss scheduled me to work alone when I had to do that one, so I had to constantly stop and start again to take care of customers while I was working on it. It ended up taking forever to finish, but I thought it came out cute. It was my first time piping rosebuds. I've avoided them because I found the idea of piping any kind of flower right on the cake instead of on a flower nail a bit intimidating.

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 2:45am
post #3 of 13

You’re not gonna believe this...I made peanut butter DOG biscuits!!!!

angesradieux Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 2:47am
post #4 of 13

Omg. I love the fire hydrant! I bet you made a very happy pooch. Would you mind sharing the recipe, in case I find the time and energy to spoil my pups with homemade treats?

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 3:18am
post #5 of 13
  • 3/4 cup nonfat milk 
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter 
  • 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups to whole wheat flour 
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder

• PreHeat – 325º

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and peanut butter. Add in the flour and baking powder to make a very stiff dough, using your hands to work in the last of the flour if necessary. (most homemade dog biscuits do well with 1 part liquid to 3 parts dry. You can customize the recipe by adding and subtracting ingredients your dog likes.)

Flour a work surface and roll out dough to a 1/4″ thickness. Cut into desired sizes depending on the size of your dog. Bake on a parchment lined baking tray for approximately 20 minutes. Turn biscuits over and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 7:25am
post #6 of 13

Here is the cake I worked on Fri and Sat nights. It was for a Girl Scout event. The tiers are vanilla / vanilla 16-12-8 and weighed a ton. It took 2 ppl to carry it. All decos are edible. I did not decorate it as much as I wanted because most of Saturday was spent at GS camp. Friday Night Cake Club For 10-11-19

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 13

angesradieux  I'd be happy to buy & eat a managers special cake.  I only care about how it tastes.  The little princess cake is sweet.

MerMadeBakedGoods The dog bisquits are pretty darn smart.  I don't know why I couldn't eat one myself. LOL  Cute cut out shapes.

gscout73,  nice decorations, the Girl Scouts must have been thrilled to receive this cake. Your flowers and lace are lovely.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Oct 2019 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 13

Moving this above the spam for all to see & enjoy the wonderful work you all do 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Oct 2019 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 13

Moving this above the spam for all to see & enjoy the wonderful work you all do 

angesradieux Posted 17 Oct 2019 , 2:12pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to give it a try sometime. :)

That girl scout cake is great! I especially love the lace and the roses on top. They look so perfect!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Oct 2019 , 5:02pm
post #11 of 13

Angesradieux, all of your cakes make my mouth water just thinking about them being ice cream cakes, especially the chocolate ones!  The princess cake is beautiful.

MerMadeBakedGoods, I love the doggie biscuits!  Fur babies deserve the spoiling.

Beautiful cake, gscout73!  I do love the colors.  Boy, I bet that was a heavy one!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 17 Oct 2019 , 8:36pm
post #12 of 13

Sandra, I had no idea going from 14" to 16" would make it just heavy enough it would take 2 people to carry!!! I had to call a friend to come over to help put in the back of my car!! But it turned out so moist, baked so evenly and was so delish they were coming back for crumbs!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Oct 2019 , 12:44am
post #13 of 13

Good for you, gscout73!  Coming back for seconds is the best compliment!

I have started carrying most of my stacked cakes unstacked and finish them at the venue, in large part due to the weight.  My husband always does the moving, if we do decide to stack at home.  My old wrists just cannot handle the weight anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%