Chocolate Covered Oreos

Decorating By GraceSolomon Updated 14 Oct 2019 , 12:58am by GraceSolomon

GraceSolomon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GraceSolomon Posted 12 Oct 2019 , 4:23am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone - I know that there are many posts about chocolate covered Oreos but they all seem like they were from several years ago.  Does anyone have any updates to these questions:

1)  what is the best chocolate to use to make great tasting shiny chocolate covered Oreos in the spinning leaf molds

2)  what is the best place to order the chocolate from?

I know a lot of you liked the 2.5 lb. block of Ghirardelli's dipping chocolate but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.  I am looking to make both milk chocolate and white chocolate Oreos.  

Thank you!!!

5 replies
mahtc2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahtc2016 Posted 12 Oct 2019 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 6

Candy season has started at our bakery. We sell a lot of Mercken's  wafers for the covered Oreo's and peanut butter filled Ritz crackers. There are several other brands you might try. Van Leer, Peter's , Clausen just Google them.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 13 Oct 2019 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 6

Look amazon for the one or two day shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Candy-Malting-Wafers/dp/B01M16GDB6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ghirardelli+dipping&qid=1570994118&sr=8-1

Sams club gets them for XMas too.... season is starting!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 13 Oct 2019 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 6

Look amazon for the one or two day shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Candy-Malting-Wafers/dp/B01M16GDB6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ghirardelli+dipping&qid=1570994118&sr=8-1

Sams club gets them for XMas too.... season is starting!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2019 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 6

if you want chocolate to temper and get the bright shine be sure what you are buying is chocolate made with cocoa butter -- merckens sells both in wafer style -- if you want something great to melt and dip with that has a nice shine get melting wafers -- I guess because ghiradelli's name is ghiradeiili's chocolate you don't get the clue there from that -- but their melting wafers have no cocoa butter and are candy wafers -- but they are wonderful -- I usually dip strawberries every year for the holidays with that -- love ghiradelli's!

GraceSolomon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GraceSolomon Posted 14 Oct 2019 , 12:58am
post #6 of 6

THANK YOU!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%