My Last Pictures... Gone Again!

Lounge By ReginaCoeliB Updated 22 Oct 2019 , 9:29pm by SandraSmiley

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 9 Oct 2019 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 27

I have tried many times to access the last 7 pictures posted in my gallery with no success. This happened before and was solved and few months ago. Staying in this page is getting frustrating and even posting something is increasingly becoming a challenge... just that... my personal complaint.

26 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Oct 2019 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 27

We feel your frustration, Regina.  I think we have been abandoned.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Oct 2019 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 27

We all are experiencing very frustrating time on what was once an excellent site.  Apparently it will continue like this for at least one more year before it bites the dust completely :(

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Oct 2019 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 27

lynne,

how do you know it continues for a year 

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 9 Oct 2019 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 27

I agree with all of you, it's becoming a Pain in the a**. Most of my pics  are gone too. :(

ReginaCoeliB Posted 9 Oct 2019 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 27

Thanks ladies for your lovely feedback... to be honest, the only reason why I keep dealing with this frustration... is the good friends I made here! The burden seems to be lighter when we share it! Thanks for your patience and support. If you ever find another place to meet in the web... let us share! So far, the other web page that I used to frequent grew waaaay too big, and ultimately is more like a social media than a simple place to share a simple homemade cake... I stopped posting there... and now my gallery here is disappearing... snif! At least I still count with you. THANKS!!!!

ReginaCoeliB Posted 9 Oct 2019 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 27

Oh my @BettyA yes....! Almost half of your precious cakes are gone...AAAARRRRRRGGHH! Sorry for the graphic scream... but this is soooo very sad :((((

kakeladi Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 1:26am
post #8 of 27

K8 back in the post you started a couple weeks ago someone posted that her husband had found a phone #, called but either got an answering machine or no answer   They were going to try again but we have not seen any further information   Also in that post it was stated the site was paid for thru 2020  —If I remember it all correctly :)  

-K8memphis Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 2:38am
post #9 of 27

oh yeah I remember that too now that you put it all together there — 

ReginaCoeliB Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 27

Sooo... do you mean that I have to pack my gallery before is totally gone and going somewhere else? where? Too sad!

-K8memphis Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 27

as far as i know there is no concrete evidence this site will close ever — although at the same time it could close at any time — although in my opinion I doubt that it will completely close but idk —  

the one year thing is how long the site is paid for according to a poster, not the owner — the cake central magazine did close — 

but people were speculating about the viability of the life of the place because of a post and the never ending spam and so  that’s all it is — pure speculation 

kakeladi Posted 10 Oct 2019 , 10:25pm
post #12 of 27

You are right K8.  We certainly are speculating.......and NO nothing has come from the owner(s) of this site......but it certainly is clear there is no management/clean up being done anymore. 

-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 10:34am
post #13 of 27

I believe that oversight is capturing and stopping spam — the spam represents a relentless enemy dedicated/concentrated for a decade on disruption/destruction —  otherwise in my opinion it would be a never ending spam tsunami — if I worked my butt off on a site like this for this many years I might become distant, possibly discouraged, possibly consumed with life’s other demands, certainly downsizing  but I would not abandon my internationally acclaimed magnum opus —

-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 10:35am
post #14 of 27

i’d go down fighting or i’d win

-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 10:37am
post #15 of 27

speaking, speculating as if i was the owner but those are just my opinions as a poster

ReginaCoeliB Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 3:54pm
post #16 of 27

I do agree, a project like this is worth to keep!... but as you said... that is just our very own opinion!

SandraSmiley Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 5:16pm
post #17 of 27

I cannot imagine how much work and time it requires to run a site like Cake Central was in its hay day and it is easy to understand the owners getting tired of it and wanting to move on.  It would be nice, however, to offer ownership to someone else.  I remember hearing Cake Central spoken of with such reverence and respect that I was too intimidated to even visit the site for years.  I also remember a few people leaving because some of the members were really nasty, which I have never experienced.  If for no other reason than this wonderful Forum, which I still consider the best on the web (probably because of you guys and your wealth of knowledge),  not to mention all of the incredible recipes, tutorials and much more, this site should be preserved.  If ever we are able to get hold of the owners, maybe one or all of us can offer to buy it and keep it going.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 8:33am
post #18 of 27

Hey Sandra, I also remember when CC was spoken of very highly and revered as a top cake site. I used to spend hours going thru the forums and remember lively discussions, and also spent hours pouring over pics. Two of my most recent pics of cupcakes are suddenly no longer visible, and most of my pics only have thumbnails but no photo if you click on them. I have been wondering if Jackie and Heath pretty much abandoned the site.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 8:03pm
post #19 of 27

I have really benefited from all of your helpful advice, feedback, lively conversations and beautiful pics over the years and am saddened by the new normal here.   The question becomes how do we maintain a group if this forum disappears.  And it kinda seems like someone (I don't see it as me) may want to start collecting people's contact info for a future group.  I do not suggest posting it here because it's obvious the site is not protected and spam-filled.  Is anyone interested in spearheading the call-for-new-members-of-a-group-to-be-named?  Is a blog the answer? Do we need pictures as much as we like the typed conversation?  How do we preserve some contact with each other when most of us don't really know each other except through here?  Yeah yeah it's a lot of questions but let's think about the answers and what we might do.  I'll be thinking too....  because the future isn't here :(

Theresa 

kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 10:07pm
post #20 of 27

I'd be willing to spearhead of collection of those wanting to stay together somehow but I know N O T H I N G  about running a site or even a blog.  

kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2019 , 10:08pm
post #21 of 27

I think I'd set up a seperate e-mail account in order to keep all private......people can e-mail that special e-mail until we figure out what to do.

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 16 Oct 2019 , 2:46am
post #22 of 27

I would be very sad to lose communication with all of you.. it’s the only place I get cake advice and get to share thing with other fabulous bakers. You’ve help me problem-solve more times than I can count and given me endless ideas and inspiration.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 16 Oct 2019 , 2:24pm
post #23 of 27

Hi Kakeladi

Who knows what we will all do with a list of each other but I think it may be a good way to start.  Who else is interested in being on the list?

PS - how are you feeling? I hope you are good!

Theresa

stuttgartkim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stuttgartkim Posted 20 Oct 2019 , 4:03pm
post #24 of 27

Yes, I noticed that I can't see pictures on here, as well. I'm happy to see that it's not "just me" or my computer, so at least that's good. The sad thing is that we need this site. It's been a god-send to me over the years. Whenever I've been "stuck", this site has helped me out. It's a shame. 

Kim

kakeladi Posted 21 Oct 2019 , 12:07pm
post #25 of 27

Bump 

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 21 Oct 2019 , 6:34pm
post #26 of 27

I can't see pictures. I can't upload pictures. I can't change my avatar. I couldn't even post the other day. It's a mess.

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Oct 2019 , 9:29pm
post #27 of 27

The last several I uploaded are also missing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%