Carvable Hazelnut Cake Recipe

Baking By c4k3m4k3r Updated 11 Oct 2019 , 5:50pm by SandraSmiley

c4k3m4k3r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
c4k3m4k3r Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 2:22am
post #1 of 7

Hi all!

I have a car cake to do. Being asked to make a hazelnut cake. I never have made this flavour or cake and have been seeing many different types online. Wondering if anyone has any go to recipes they’d be willing to share. 

Thanks

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 3:29am
post #2 of 7

Wellll..........I never heard of it either but based on the butter pecan cake I make I suggest you use  the *original * WASC recipe with a yellow mix or even a white and add 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts   Not sure If there is hazelnut flavoring but you can get that “syrup “ —can’t think of the brand —something like Torone no that’s not right but might help you think of it  If you add some of that I’d probably use a couple tablespoons & maybe reduce the amount of sugar to 2/3 cups    Just a suggestion—hope it helps   

Fabricake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fabricake Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 7

12oz of butter (room temperature)

12oz soft brown sugar.

12oz of self raising flour

6oz of plain flour

6 eggs

1tsp of hazelnut flavouring. (LorAnn , Foodie flavour are just two makes)

4oz of roasted hazelnuts very finely chopped.

Splash of milk if required.

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and flour or line cake tin..

2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the flavouring and beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture well between each one and adding a tablespoon of the flour with the last egg to prevent the mixture curdling.

3. Sift the flour and mix in the chopped nuts, gently fold in to the wet mixture, with a little milk if required.This a very stiff, thick cake mixture.

4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and lightly make a well in the centre. This will help the cake cook level and evenly . Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

5. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.

This cake goes really well with a Nutella frosting it's like eating a giant Ferrero Rocher!

c4k3m4k3r Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you!  Is this a dense cake that could withstand carving?  Maybe I will put Nutella between the layers!  Yum. 

Fabricake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fabricake Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 7

It's really good for carving  just make sure the nuts are chopped finely. It has to be a Nutella frosting rather than plain Nutella otherwise the layers will slide and move about when you carve it.

c4k3m4k3r Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 7

Perfect. Thank you!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 7

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%