What Supports Do I Need For A Toilet Cake?

Baking By Kimbadawhitelyon Updated 11 Oct 2019 , 5:51pm by SandraSmiley

Kimbadawhitelyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimbadawhitelyon Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 1:30am
post #1 of 3

What Supports Do I Need For A Toilet Cake?Ive been asked to make a toilet cake for about 110 people and I've never built a 3D cake before. What internal supports do I need to keep it strong and stable? It has to travel about an hour to its destination once it's made. 

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Oct 2019 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 3

Kimbadawhitelyon , I look at the toilet and know exactly how I would build the structure, but I can't figure out how to explain it.

I would build a structure with four legs and a table-like platform that would the longest part of the toilet seat.  Below the platform would be filled in with cake and carved to resemble the base of the toilet.  Sheet cakes would be placed on the platform and carved to represent the top of the toilet seat.  I would use Rice Krispy Treats to form the rounded front underneath the top lip.  Securely mount two dowels at the back of the structure (screw to the back of the platform) to support the stacked cakes for the toilet tank.  Carve into shape, cover with melted chocolate or ganache for strength, the cover everything with fondant (in manageable sections, not in one piece).

Hope this make sense.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Oct 2019 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 3

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%