Coffee Filters To Line A Round Pan

Baking By crnewbold Updated 7 Oct 2019 , 7:21pm by MBalaska

crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 5 Oct 2019 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 7

I just realized that a coffee filter fits almost perfectly in the bottom of an 8-inch round pan.  Has anyone used one to line a pan?  I usually use parchment but will gladly switch to coffee filters if they work.

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Oct 2019 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 7

Welllll in my mind it might stick to the cake once turned out.   Parchment or wax paper has a very different finish that allows it to be removed while warm.   I'm not sure a filter would come off w/o tearing some cake along with it.   Looks like another project for you or someone to try & report back for all of us :)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Oct 2019 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 7

You can use butter stick wrappers, or wax paper if you're in a pinch, but not coffee filters, they would really stick.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 7 Oct 2019 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 7

I thought wax paper burned in the oven because it doesn't have a high melting point. I used it once because I didn't have parchment and started a fire in the oven lmao it wasn't funny then, but it is now.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Oct 2019 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 7

if you cover it with cake batter you're fine -- if you try to bake cookies on it it will probably flame up --

crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 7 Oct 2019 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 7

-K8memphis, are you referring to wax paper or coffee filters?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Oct 2019 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @-K8memphis on 31 minutes ago

if you cover it with cake batter you're fine -- if you try to bake cookies on it it will probably flame up --

Exactly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%