Luster/petal Dust On Fresh Flowers?

Decorating By Minileo Updated 3 Oct 2019 , 11:32pm by Minileo

Minileo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minileo Posted 1 Oct 2019 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 7

Hello fellow beakers,

It might be a silly question but I still dare to ask, can I use luster/petal dust to tint my white or cream FRESH ROSE into blush? I am having trouble finding blush or white blush combination roses to put on my next cake. Thank you so much in advance.

Mini.

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Oct 2019 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 7

I don’t know that answer but you can order flowers from sam’s club and costco— just sayin’

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Oct 2019 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 7

Well sounds like another one of those ?s that is going to mean you are going to have to try it out yourself - if no one answers.  Get one of two flowers and lightly dust them.  Let us know how it goes.

Minileo Posted 1 Oct 2019 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 7

It's ok ladies, Well I am going to put them in colored water as well as trying using some luster dust to get the desired Hue. Will let you guys know which was best unless I found the exact shade in the shop. Fingers crossed :) 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2019 , 2:22am
post #5 of 7

colored water works well for queen anne’s lace — can’t remember ever trying it on roses or it didn’t work — lemme know how it goes

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 2 Oct 2019 , 2:46am
post #6 of 7

Colored water works on carnations, I did that at the florist I used to work at years ago. Don't know about roses.

Minileo Posted 3 Oct 2019 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 7

Hello Ladies,

Good news I got both carnations & Rose buds in blush color, though went through many tutorials and they successfully colored (even in rainbow color) Roses & Carnations. Even rainbow color Rose just by cut split the rose stem straight to avoid damaging the capillaries, in 3-5 parts and immersing them into different color water. It was fascinating to see them changing the color :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%