How To Get This Galaxy Effect On Buttercream?

Decorating By acakedecorator Updated 2 Oct 2019 , 1:58pm by acakedecorator

acakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acakedecorator Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 7

I understand how to get the white splatter dots, but what do you suggest is the best way to get the buttercream with the blue and white mix as shown in the inspiration pictures below? 

Thank you! 

Galaxy Cake zu süß - #GALAXY #Cakes # Sweet # To - #Galaxy #Cakes - #driptorten #minitorten #tolletorten #torten #tortenblau #tortenbuttercreme #tortendekoration #torteneinhorn #tortenerdbeer #tortenfruchtig #tortenkindergeburtstag #tortenkommunion #tortenmirrorglaze #tortenobst #tortenoreo #tortenprinzessin #tortensommer #tortenzahlen - Galaxy Cake zu süß - #GALAXY #Cakes # Sweet # To - #Galaxy #Cakes

b2fbc5ea95d3abffc1e5ab190cf4f59c.jpg

6 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 7

The picture didn't come through.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 7

I see the pic Freckles  -- try reloading :)    My suggestion is to take some of the blue icing and lightly mix in some white.  I'd do just a little at a time until yoiu are saisfied w/the results.    You also might try just  lightly smearing a very small amount of white over the blue rather than mixing it.  Just put a very thin layer of white on an off-set spatula and smear if over the blue.  Anyhoooo that's what I'd try.

acakedecorator Posted 1 Oct 2019 , 11:15am
post #4 of 7

Thanks kakeladi, I was thinking the second one that you mentioned but wasn't sure. I will practice and play around with that option. 

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 1 Oct 2019 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 7

This tutorial only shows how to do the sides, but you might still find it helpful. Her method is similar to Kakeladi's suggestion, but she makes a point of saying to smooth the splotches of color clockwise once, and then again counterclockwise to get better results

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Oct 2019 , 12:09am
post #6 of 7

The top of the cake appears to be either airbrushed or dry brushed with petal/luster dust, to me.

acakedecorator Posted 2 Oct 2019 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for posting the tutorial angesradieux! It was really helpful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%