Friday Night Cake Club For 09-27-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 30 Sep 2019 , 3:49pm by angesradieux

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 29 Sep 2019 , 12:00am
post #1 of 7

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Sorry for the delayed post you all!  I wish everyone had  nice caking week. I can't wait to see what you came up with.

Julie

6 replies
angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 29 Sep 2019 , 1:33am
post #2 of 7

Toy story cake I had to do this week. I know it's a copyright violation, but I work in a franchise and someone else took the order and accepted payment before I could decline it, so I did the best I could to make the customer happy.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else was up to!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 29 Sep 2019 , 2:44am
post #3 of 7

I know it's not Fri night, but I am working on a Girl Scout cake for Sunday. I did GS cupcakes last night for a ceremony earlier today.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 29 Sep 2019 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 7

@angesradieux your handwritting with buttercream is so beatiful!

@gscout73 I can't wait to see your work!

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 12:02am
post #5 of 7

Had an order for a dual birthday celebration cake for a brother and sister.  Apparently "vs" is a thing with the kids because they wanted a "9 vs 7" cake with two figures representing them.  This is what I ended up with.  First time making people figures so I am not 100% happy with how they turned out but practice makes perfect!

I also have another cake next week that includes gumpaste flowers on top.  First time trying those as well.  My first gumpaste peony...I am pretty proud of it but wow was it time consuming.  Working on two roses which I have found to be much easier.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 7

I made this cake for my sister-in-law's 40th birthday.  The tray under the cake is plastic and the flowers are real and organic - pesticide free.  I put the flowers in straws with an upturned end so the stems did not go directly into the cake.  Pretty happy with the results and the trial-and-error fondant coloring.  Inside the cake is half carrot cake and half vanilla funfetti with oreo cookie and chocolate cookie crumble dirt.  

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 7

Awww thanks, Laetia! That makes my day. I kinda hate my handwriting and I usually feel like I'm about to completely ruin a cake the moment I start to write on it.

Freckles your figures are too freaking cute! I absolutely love them. The peony is gorgeous, too.

The flower pot cake is also great. The fondant color is so perfect.

Everyone here is so talented. It makes me so jealous, but I also love looking at the pictures.

I also did a football cake this week. It didn't come out perfect, but the customer seemed happy with it. This is only the third time I've had to use an airbrush, so it still makes me a little nervous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%