Recipe For Piping And Decorating Cakes

Baking By jollybuns Updated 1 Oct 2019 , 3:10am by SandraSmiley

jollybuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jollybuns Posted 28 Sep 2019 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 5

Background story: I'm tramatized, I used icing because I was short on time to decorate a cake with rosettes and once we delivered it, the entire back of the cake frosting fell apart. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson! 

My go to for cake frosting is whipped meringue but I feel that it will not hold well when using it to pipe on cakes or cupcakes. 

I'm not a fan of American buttercream, it always comes out too sweet or too grainy. 

What does everyone use for piping and decorating cakes? Can you please share your recipe?? 

Thanks in advance! 

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Sep 2019 , 12:11am
post #2 of 5

I realize you don’t like ABC but have you tried the recipe “2 or everything “?  It’s in the recipe section of this site    To help cut the sweetness increase the flavoring & add some salt   And another thing to try is to replace about 1/2 cup of sugar with 1/4 cup each oh flour and cornstarch   

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 5

Bump 

jollybuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jollybuns Posted 30 Sep 2019 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 5

No I haven't tried it! I definitely will now. I tried a new recipe today that called for Crisco and powdered sugar and I still wasn't a fan, still tasted grainy ☹️ will try that out this week! 

Thank you sooo much ♥️

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Oct 2019 , 3:10am
post #5 of 5

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%