Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 23 Sep 2019 , 12:06pm by Freckles0829

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 12:50am
post #1 of 15

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I hope you all had a great week and I can't wait to see your beautiful work!

Julie

14 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 2:13am
post #2 of 15

Hi all,  finally I can post something.  This was delivered for a gentleman's 60th birthday party.  He has Down's Syndrome and is a huge an of country music, especially Vince Gill.  The cake features Vince and Stephen on top, Dolly and Willie sitting on the bottom tier and Black Eyed Susans scattered about.  All the figures are made of modeling chocolate and.  The bottom tier is rich chocolate, filled and crumb coated with vanilla buttercream.  The top tier is fresh strawberry, filled and crumb coated with vanilla buttercream, frosted with white chocolate ganache.  Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 7:57am
post #3 of 15

That’s fantastic Sandra. I love all the details.

I made this make-up cake. I’m really happy with the way it turned out except that the drip was too thick. It was white chocolate ganache and I think I should have used more cream. 

Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19

SandraSmiley Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 15

It looks fabulous, Louglou! The drip just makes it look luscious.  Your lipsticks are perfect.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 15

Both of you made awesome cakes   Thanks for sharing 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 15

Sandra - that is absolutely ridiculous!! You are a true artist.

Louglou - the birthday girl was probably over the moon for that cake...so awesome!!!

I once again tackled humongous numbers and then was tasked with covered them with flowers colored only by fruits and vegetables since the family is dye-free. @BettyA and Kakeladi - please don’t look too closely at my sloppy flowers!!!!

Then, a writer request than the goat...a ballerina chicken birthday cake?!?!

Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 15

I meant weirder request, not writer :)

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 21 Sep 2019 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 15

MerMadeBakedGoods Both cakes are lovely and I don't see anything wrong with your flowers.

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Sep 2019 , 12:45am
post #9 of 15

I am starting to hate this site!  I just typed a long comment and it had to "reload" and my computer is telling me it is using too much memory (spammers, I guess) and I lost everything.

Thank you for your kind compliment, MerMadeBakedGoods!  Both of your cakes are fantastic!  I love the ballerina chicken and the numbers cakes are gorgeous.  I would early love to be able to pipe flowers like that.  They are perfect and the soft colors are beautiful!

Laetia Posted 22 Sep 2019 , 1:59pm
post #10 of 15

Stuning cake @SandraSmiley .  The end result of this project is absolutely gorgeous. I feel your pain for the CC forum... Everything I write takes me so long (I'm on a phone, typing with one finger. Adding to that, as English is not my native language, I have to think 3 times before I write someting, then change it twice before I'm happy with what I've write! I'm devastated if I loose a post. Now, I do a "cut" of my text every few sentenses I write. If I end up loosing everything, I can "paste" what I have "cut" and not loose everything.

@louglou super chic and girly sweet 16 cake! 

@MerMadeBakedGoods ballerina chicken? Why not, you nailed it girl. I love it, it's so fun.  Your number cake is super sweet too. I would pay a lot of money to be able to pipe half as nice flowers as yours! May I ask what fruit or veggie you've used to dye your frosting yellow? 

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 22 Sep 2019 , 2:08pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks for the compliments, all!

@Laetia....for a VERY pale yellow that you can barely see I use freeze dried pineapple that I put in the food processor.

For a brighter but still pastel, I add freeze dried mango.

still not bright enough? Sometimes I use turmeric but you can’t use too much or you’ll taste it.

Need it brighter?  Organic dye-free food coloring :)

Laetia Posted 22 Sep 2019 , 2:14pm
post #12 of 15

Yesterday I had a birthday party for my niece's 9th birthday. I gave her what she ask for, a Fortnite cake. I knew nothing about it, so I've browse the web taking inspiration here and there. I'm pretty please with the end result and the birthday girl was thrilled. My boyfriend kept telling me my llama look more loke a donkey because the neck is too short and the face too bulky. But, hey man, next time please help yourself and make one! Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19Friday Night Cake Club For 09-20-19

Laetia Posted 22 Sep 2019 , 2:18pm
post #13 of 15

Thank you @MerMadeBakedGoods. Unfortunately freeze dried fruits are not available here and what I've found online is ridiculously expensive. Thats too bad because there's more and more recipes calling for them.

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Sep 2019 , 2:16am
post #14 of 15

Laetia, your cake is gorgeous and your llama most definitely does not look like a donkey!  It is perfect!  Thank you for your sweet words!

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 23 Sep 2019 , 12:06pm
post #15 of 15

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%