Can Someone Talk Me Through??

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 14 Sep 2019 , 6:34pm by SandraSmiley

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Sep 2019 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 22

I have a cd w/pictures.  How can I get them from the disk to put some of them on here?   Anyone a computer marvel?  :) 

21 replies
BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 2:38am
post #2 of 22

What type of computer do you have, laptop or desk?  Does your computer have a cd tray? if so the disk goes in tray (label up) close tray, computer should auto run, view pics & pick photo, right click, copy or send to, Create a file & name it. This will get photos in computer. Hope this makes since. :)))

kakeladi Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 2:53am
post #3 of 22

I understand what you described   Probables is I use a public desktop at the library  is there some way I can send them to my phone as I don’t think I can store them on a public computer:(  

kakeladi Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 2:55am
post #4 of 22

Stupid autocorrect keeps changing what I want to say   Should be problem is ....

BettyA Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 3:11am
post #5 of 22

Can you put them into desk computer then transfer them to a flash drive. Then from flash drive to your phone using a patch cable. Or if your phone & computer has Bluetooth.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 10:16am
post #6 of 22

Wow!  You GO, Betty!

BettyA Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 22

kakeladi...did any of the info help? Did you find a way to upload your pics?

kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 22

Betty I just found a memory stick with many pix :)  I came on to review what you said so I can post some. 

kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 9:54pm
post #9 of 22

I have NO idea what a patch cable is :(  Neither computer nor phone has bluetooth :(   Memory stick = flash drive. 

BettyA Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 10:08pm
post #10 of 22

What brand of phone do you have?

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 10:45pm
post #11 of 22

Another option is to use something like Dropbox or onedrive. This is a way of storing your photos online. 

You would need an account. Your email may already have this option. I have a hotmail address which allows me to use OneDrive.

So you would upload them on the public computer to your onedrive or Dropbox account. 

Then you can add them directly to cakecentral or wherever you want to put them. 

You can also access them from a smartphone. 

Just make sure you log off from the account after you have used it on a public computer. 

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 3:30pm
post #12 of 22

I actually know the answer to one part of your question, Lynne.  The patch cable to which Betty is referring is a little cord that attaches to your phone or camera, then to your computer, which allows you to download from one devise to another.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 3:41pm
post #13 of 22

Quote by @kakeladi on 2 days ago

I have a cd w/pictures.  How can I get them from the disk to put some of them on here?   Anyone a computer marvel?  :) 

@kakeladi, I had dc's with photos also.  Before I left Alaska I copied them all to  my computer and put them on a little thumb drive.  Hope you get them all copied you have so many nice cakes!!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 3:42pm
post #14 of 22

Quote by @BettyA on 2 days ago

What type of computer do you have, laptop or desk?  Does your computer have a cd tray? if so the disk goes in tray (label up) close tray, computer should auto run, view pics & pick photo, right click, copy or send to, Create a file & name it. This will get photos in computer. Hope this makes since. :)))

@BettyA that was exactly what I did on my old computer. 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 9:15pm
post #15 of 22

My My Betty...quite the knowledgeable lady!!  I agree with louglou. Create a DropBox account. Easy to upload. Then take from DropBox and upload to CC.

BettyA Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 10:37pm
post #16 of 22

I agree with jchuck & louglou about the dropbox or onedrive  that would be easier . I thought kakeladi was working with her private computer.

jchuck I don't know a lot but did pick up a few things along the way when I was making my first website before I went to Wordpress and created what I have now.  :)) I hope she fines a way to upload the cake photos I want to see them.

kakeladi Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 10:58pm
post #17 of 22

UUUGGGgggg I am trying to get a drop box account.   can't get into yahoo and my time on the computer ends in about 10 minutes.  I  probably won't get computer time - just on my phone - tomorrow as I work.   So it probbly won't be until Sunday.   Most - maybe all - the pix +  more stuff is on the flash drive.  May not need to use the disc

kakeladi Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 11:00pm
post #18 of 22

I"m so very thankful for all of you trying to help me with this.  Let's just pray it gets the job done soon :)

BettyA Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 11:04pm
post #19 of 22

I hope so too. I'm looking forward to see your pics

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 13 Sep 2019 , 11:36pm
post #20 of 22

Well Betty 

I’m not the most tech savvy. Whatever I’ve learned has been through my husband and kids. And definitely Mr. Google...self taught. I have a couple of younger friends who wouldn’t have a clue. Afraid of technology, especially computers.

jchuck...aka June from CWB   :o)

kakeladi Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 12:48am
post #21 of 22

Jchuck  ditto as to what little I do know   However since I haven’t used the info a lot I’ve forgotten it   Most likely I once knew how to do this ..... maybe not because I had my own computer back then so didn’t hear of Dropbox   Could post pix like a pro then :)  

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 6:34pm
post #22 of 22

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%