Do You Garden?

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 6 Sep 2019 , 6:45pm by kakeladi

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Sep 2019 , 5:16pm
post #31 of 37

I agree on the freshly picked butternut squash, much better than from the store.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Sep 2019 , 9:09pm
post #32 of 37

yeah i’m supposed to eat 75% of my meals in vegetables & fruit — (but my tummy goes ‘chips, muffins, cookies,  chocolate, more cookies’ :) and store bought produce is grown to be transported and sold not to be delicious— does not taste very good —

I should go the the farmer’s market but we can get really good produce from sprout’s — but even so I bet the farmer’s market would be even better — 

i should get out there one of these days

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 3:23pm
post #33 of 37

I love all your pictures!

I'm growing a few fruits I can't wait to use for baking. I have a meyer lemon tree and kishu mandarin tree. The mandarin has a bunch of little fruits on it and the lemon just bloomed, so I'm hoping it sets some fruit soon. I also have three pink lemonade blueberry bushes and three dwarf blueberry bushes that I hope will have fruit next summer, and I ordered two dragon fruit cactus cuttings that should arrive today. Not sure whether they'll have fruit next summer or not. I don't know how long it takes for them to mature enough to flower and fruit, so I'll have to wait and see. For flowering plants I have a serissa and morning glory.

Do You Garden?

A cluster of flowers on my meyer lemon.

Do You Garden?

Flowers on my serissa

Do You Garden?

The morning glory took a long time to start flowering, but I think it was worth the wait

SandraSmiley Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 3:29pm
post #34 of 37

Beautiful pictures, angesradieux!  It sounds exciting.  I wish we could grow citrus trees here.

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 3:38pm
post #35 of 37

I have mine in containers, and they'll come inside in the winter. Same with the serissa and dragon fruit. I've had the lemon for a couple years now and it's been doing well that way. It actually moved from NJ to Tennesse, and then back to NJ with me. As they get bigger, I'm just going to prune them to keep them a manageable size for keeping indoors when it's cold out.

SandraSmiley Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 3:44pm
post #36 of 37

Many years ago, I did have a lemon tree which I kept about 10 years.  It got quite large in it's pot, but never had fruit.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Sep 2019 , 6:45pm
post #37 of 37

Beautiful, how wonderful to have such beauty around.  My daughter does flowers I do the edible thing :)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%