Friday Night Cake Club For 2019-08-30

Decorating By Laetia Updated 3 Sep 2019 , 3:28pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 31 Aug 2019 , 1:00am
post #1 of 8

I don't know if some of you have seen my other thread about FNCC. I was wondering what was happening with Kelly and with our friday get togheter. 

Here's the link to the thread

So here I am starting FNCC, for this week at least! In the words of @Kstevens and a few others amazing cakers before her:

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I have no cake to share with you this week, but I'll wait to see your beautiful creations. 

Julie

7 replies
Laetia Posted 1 Sep 2019 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 8

Friday Night Cake Club For 2019-08-30Friday Night Cake Club For 2019-08-30Friday Night Cake Club For 2019-08-30Finaly I've decided to share the 3 cakes I've done earlier this summer. Tring to start things up here a little bit!

The first one is a fire pit cake I've done for our traditional camping trip with my inlaws family and friends. Each year, our saturday night dinner is a big potluck. I volonteer for desert this year. 

The 2 other ones are icecream cakes I've made for my little 7 years old friend. The one with the cookies and brownies is not the prettyest cake ever, but this thing was so decadent, rich and good. My mouth is still watering just thinking about it!

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 1 Sep 2019 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 8

Yum! What is the fire pit made of?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Sep 2019 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 8

Interesting work :)   Ice cream cakes are hard to make   

Laetia Posted 1 Sep 2019 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 8

20190630_210235.jpg@MerMadeBakedGoods 

I took my inspiration from this cake I saw online in the this Link here.  The stones are made with the cookie and cream fudge recipe and tutorial found in the link. Yeh... I've used canned frosting for it. I wanted to try with homemade abc, but I was affraid to mess it up. The only change I made was to use french vanilla frosting in wich I add a few crumbled oreo because ready made cookie and cream frosting is not available where I live. I did not try their recipe for the cake though as I wanted to try the lumber jack/checked pattern cake for a long time. Here is the result of it. Not perfect, but it did impress the croud anyway?

@kakeladi  icecream cake are definately harder to make than I expected them to be. You are so right!

Laetia Posted 2 Sep 2019 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 8

Bump

Laetia Posted 2 Sep 2019 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 8

@MerMadeBakedGoods I just saw the link was'nt working. Here is the web page adress. Hope it works tjis time.

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/fire-pit-smores-cake/63afd037-1d98-4990-8b87-9e15c388b4cb

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 3 Sep 2019 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks, Laetia!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%