Do You Offer A Discount On Charity Orders?

Business By SRVB Updated 26 Aug 2019 , 10:41pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

SRVB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRVB Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 7

A charity contacted me asking for donations for their charity event and I did offer a basket of baked goods.

Afterwards they said they also wanted to place an order so their guests could have some allergy friendly and vegan desserts.

Would you offer a discount on their order? If so how much? 

6 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 7

Personally, I don't offer discounts unless they're placing a sizable order on a regular basis. 1 order of say 100 cupcakes is going to be my regular price. I do cupcakes for my daughter's school, upwards of 600. They order at least 3x a quarter, so I do offer a discount of 15%.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 7

no because I choose my own charities and when I want to be charitable — not the other way around — work is work — and like ypierce said if it’s a regular repeating  order sure maybe —

i once worked at a place where a large organization ordered a lot and basically gave her enough business even with the generous discount to pay the shop’s overhead — but they would call at the last minute and want elaborate things throwing the place in disorder regularly too — it wasn’t worth it to me — so that’s the other side of that coin 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 7

I think since you already are donating a basket of baked goods then that is your discount.  Know what I mean?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 7

I agree w/the other posters.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 7

oh -- whoops we forgot to tell you this:

there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread if you want/need to —

best to you

blush

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 7

I agree. You already donated. No discount for the other part of the order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%