Cake Pop Timing

Baking By LaurenKwas Updated 26 Aug 2019 , 6:33pm by kakeladi

LaurenKwas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenKwas Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 3:00am
post #1 of 4

I’m making cake pops for a friends wedding. I’m wondering how long in advance I can make them. I usually never bake anything more than 3 days before it’s served (I don’t have a business I just bake for family and friends), so am unsure how long they would stay fresh. I will store them in the fridge. Any advice is appreciated.

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 11:49am
post #2 of 4

Bump 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 4

Cake pops, whenever I have made them, stay good for awhile.  I always use a box mix when I make them so the preservatives tend to help with the length of freshness.

With pretty much any cake, you could bake the cakes a few weeks or even more before you plan on making the pops and freezing them.  You could even make up the balls and freeze them and then let them defrost before you plan to start decorating.  But the pops should last at least a week, if not more, at room temp (longer if kept in the fridge) because the candy coating seals in the moisture/freshness.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Aug 2019 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 4

I agree w/Freckles.  I have made them about 10 days before hand and they seemed to be just fine.   It was for Halloween and I had to make at least 150 - don't remember exactly how many now it was some 10 yrs ago :(    I didn't want to say anything ealier as I didn't remember much about it but reading her post reminded me.   I'd suggest following her suggestions of baking ahead and maybe even going so far as to make the balls up & fzing them.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%