Transporting Cupcakes

Baking By usscorno Updated 25 Aug 2019 , 12:14am by mahtc2016

usscorno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usscorno Posted 24 Aug 2019 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 4

I am baking and decorating 300 cupcakes for a wedding for the first time and have run into an issue with storage. I need a way to keep all 300 cupcakes fresh overnight and then store them (without drying them out) in a refrigerator after I have frosted them. I was considering buying full-size sheet pans with lids since they can stack, but I'm worried the lids won't be tall enough to accommodate the frosting and garnishes, or that they won't seal well enough the keep the cakes moist. Can someone who has done this before speak to what they have used and how to resolve these issues? How tall would the lids need to be to accommodate everything?

These are the lids I was considering - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X14DJ6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Aug 2019 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 4

unless you have a commercial fridge the pans probably won't fit in your fridge --

do these have cream cheese in the icing or marscapone or something that requires refrigeration? whipped cream?  fruit?

regular sheet pans are one inch deep and regular cupcake liners are one and a quarter inch deep so if you bake and ice them carefully you could do it but you need a big enough fridge or walk-in if they have to be kept cold to be safe to eat -- or if there is much décor on there -- it won't work --

only you know how tall the lids need to be to accommodate your creation --

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2019 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 4

IT appears the lids are  2” deep so it looks like they might just clear height wise   However as K8 pointed out there really is no reason to frig them unless one of the points K8 mentioned   Maybe you could make up shelves in your car w/raisesed boards between    Wish I could post a drawing:(   I’ve done it w/single layer cakes     Another way would be to put them in 1/2 sheet boxes & stack a couple up   I’ve forgotten how many dz cupcakes a 1/2 sheet box holds   They Also might fit in your frig 

mahtc2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahtc2016 Posted 25 Aug 2019 , 12:14am
post #4 of 4

I just delivered 18 dz filled cupcakes today. I  bought the plastic cupcake carriers that hold 12 , closed the lid and they are good . I bought boxes at Walmart and stacked then in for delivery .  Amazon has cupcake holders that hold  24. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%