Buttercream That Can Take The Heat

Baking By Freckles0829 Updated 19 Aug 2019 , 10:28pm by icer101

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 3

So I have been asked to make a fancy smash cake for a kids first birthday.  Basically it is a bit more decorated than a regular smash cake hence why I call it a fancy smash cake LOL!  Anyways, this party is to take place outside in mid-september which where I live can be in the mid to upper 80's with humidity so I am thinking my regular all butter, buttercream recipe is not going to cut it.  I am going to tell the parents that they need to keep the cake chilled until a bit before the smashing begins and I was also going to make one of those cooling boxes with the frozen water bottles for them to transport it/keep it in while they are at the park.  But for the buttercream, besides substituting some/all of the butter for shortening is there anything else I can do to keep it from melting too quickly but also make sure it tastes good as well?  I know the kid is going to smash it up but I want it to be yummy in case the parents take a bite or two.  It is going to look like a circus tent so I also don't want the red and white stripes to bleed/melt together either.

2 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 3

Google( Indydebi buttercream icing recipe)cake central member) has a good one . She lives in Indiana 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%