Icing A Contoured Moulded Cake

Decorating By pennyreeve Updated 19 Aug 2019 , 5:38pm by kakeladi

pennyreeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennyreeve Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 3:10am
post #1 of 3

Hi. Newbie here

I have bought a guitar shaped cake mould. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/progress-tracker/package/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0?_encoding=UTF8&itemId=jhoimtjntntquo&orderId=203-8100848-7394715&vt=YOUR_ORDERS

My question is, will I be able to ice/cover this without losing the relief pattern? 

Thanks in advance 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 3

welcome blush

while the picture unfortunately does not come through — the relief will not come through the icing — unless you glaze the cake by pouring it over — guitars are brown after all — some peeps use the star method where you can follow the relief by piping individual stars — 

another method is to place parchment over the upturned pan and rub a pencil over the relief and cut out the various parts  so that after you ice it you still have a roadmap and pattern to follow — I would suggest you use a regular buttercream icing either from the store or that you make — not a meringue or cooked icing — 

also:

there is some kind of new member delay on being able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue any discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you will be enabled to "reply" but not for a while -- maybe like 30 days — I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please start a new thread if you want/need to —

best to you

blush

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 3

Bump 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%