Servings From Pyrex Bowl Cake

Baking By LMAK Updated 16 Aug 2019 , 12:47am by -K8memphis

LMAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LMAK Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering if anyone can give any incite as to how many servings you can get from cakes baked in a Pyrex bowl?

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 6

There are many sizes of Pyrex bowls:)   Base the estimate on how much batter is used   To figure that fill the bowl with water and measure it   Say there is 6 cups of water & your recipe makes that much   batter   How many servings do you usually get from that?  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 6

it might say on the bottom how big the bowl is or you could measure it too -- and depends on how you cut it -- like in wagon wheel spoke type wedges or in sections --

LMAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LMAK Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 6

I believe they will cut it like a wagon wheel, I have a bowl that is 9" across 2.5L or I have one that is 4.0 L about 11" across so if that helps with giving a idea of how many servings you think I can get??

-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2019 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 6

the 9” cake could be cut in 12 wedges maybe a slim 16 if it was a firm cake but the 11” is too big for wedges — you could get about 34 slices but it just depends on how tall the cake is —

how many servings do you need?

-K8memphis Posted 16 Aug 2019 , 12:47am
post #6 of 6

something else you need to know — cake pans bake a two or three inch tall cake for a reason — just because you have a deep bowl to bake in, cake batter will not necessarily bake well/correctly if it is more than three inches deep — needs to be closer to one and a half inches deep before baking — maybe one and a two thirds inches deep —

what you can do is bake a corresponding round cake — and sandwich the cakes together with icing making a two layer cake  — so a 9” pan if you use the smaller bowl and probably you need to use a 12” pan to enhance the 11” bowl cake and trim it a bit — but you could get an 11” pan —

all this to get your cake to a height of 4” to 5” tall — if that’s your goal — and to avoid a disaster bake where the cake sinks in the middle —

and you can add an upside down rose nail if you have one to help assist the batter baking in the middle 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%