Beer Barrel And Mints!

Decorating By Cakey-Pin Updated 12 Aug 2019 , 3:06pm by -K8memphis

Cakey-Pin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey-Pin Posted 12 Aug 2019 , 10:01am
post #1 of 4

I'm making a beer barrel and using Fox's Glacier Mints for the ice cubes.  

For anyone who has used them for that, can you let me know if you put them straight onto the fondant and did it flavour it/the cake or did you put a barrier in e.g. cling film?

Also, what's the best way to have a real bottle of beer sit in the cake at an angle without having half the bottle buried in the cake if that makes sense?  I'll be covering the part of the bottle that touches the cake in cling film as well.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2019 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 4

i’ve never used them but I would say yes — it would impart the flavor to the fondant perhaps even through the plastic depending on how the cake is held and for how long — so very last minute would be best

-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2019 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 4

then for the beer bottle — if you could find some clear sticks of some kind to tape on the bottle and extend below all the way to the bottom board — aligned to the angle you want — that would give it some purchase to stand at the angle you want — could be taped onto the back — also done last minute for best results 

-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2019 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 4

and when we say “duplicate post”— that’s just an attempt to direct traffic to the other post so all the comments aren’t scattered around — no worries blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%