100 Cupcake Cake?

Baking By Ally87 Updated 16 Aug 2019 , 3:31pm by -K8memphis

Ally87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ally87 Posted 8 Aug 2019 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 8

So, I've been asked to make a 100 cupcake cake?!  I have never attempted these before so my first question is, is it even possible to make a 100 cupcake cake? Seems to me that would be an awfully large board! Which brings me to my next question what size board what I need for 100 cupcakes? Does anybody know? Although she was not specific, I'm assuming it's to be rectangular because she gave me a picture of a detailed logo she wants on it.

so with that said...

1. Is it even possible to even do this? 100 cupcakes? (I've seen that's some bakeries make them but not over 36 cupcakes it seems.)

2. What size and what type of board should be used?

3. Any ideas for pricing? How should I charge? Should I charge per cupcake? Along with the normal supplies ingredients and labor?

Ack! Help!

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Aug 2019 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 8

it’s just a ten by ten arrangement or whatever you come up with for the rectangle shape — it depends on what size and how much you scrunch them up — 

line up 10 cupcake wrappers across and nine down from the first one totaling 10x10 — measure — and add as much bottom border as you want — 

just depends on how you lay them out

-K8memphis Posted 8 Aug 2019 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 8

i would use a half inch foam core board from hobby lobby

-K8memphis Posted 8 Aug 2019 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 8

yes charge by servings and the cost of materials and all that other stuff

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 8 Aug 2019 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 8

What Kate said but make sure you can fit that size board in your car.. and through a doorway!  I'd be tempted use a piece of plywood underneath the foamboard because that middle could saggggg  and that could be a disaster!

Theresa

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 16 Aug 2019 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 8

Ally - i think you can post a pic of the logo you have to put on the cupcakes here...

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 16 Aug 2019 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 8

The size of cupcakes varies greatly. Be sure you measure YOUR cupcakes to be sure the board and design work. 4oz. 3" diameter? 

10x10 cupcakes= 30"x30" PLUS BORDER

4x25 cupcakes = 12" x 100" PLUS BORDER

Designs and layouts are unlimited. If you post the logo or at least outline of it, we could give you a better idea. 

-K8memphis Posted 16 Aug 2019 , 3:31pm
post #8 of 8

and you could also do the logo on as many cupcakes as you want that you can easily transport and manage -- box the rest to deliver and set them around the big cupcake dealio on  the cake table -- be sure to tell them how big you need the cake table to be 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%