Discouraged

Baking By webberblessings Updated 6 Aug 2019 , 1:46am by Fancyschmancy

webberblessings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webberblessings Posted 3 Aug 2019 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 11

I did my first Farmer's market and the turn out wasn't any good and I baked too many cupcakes. I feel so discouraged and just want to give up. Not sure if my area is big on cupcakes or willing to pay the price. I use good quality ingredients so I don't want to undercharge. I feel like all the time and money spent on preparing for the market is a let down to my family.

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Aug 2019 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 11

We can’t be totally successful every time   Wrap those leftovers well & keep them for the next time   Then try something different until you find exactly what your customers want   Ask ?s When people stop by your booth to get their thoughts   

kakeladi Posted 3 Aug 2019 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 11

I mean take the leftovers & add something new;) 

webberblessings Posted 3 Aug 2019 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 11

How do I store frosted cupcakes well and still fresh for next time? Thanks

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Aug 2019 , 2:04am
post #5 of 11

Freeze them.  Wrap the box with a couple of thicknesses of plastic wrap, so they are well sealed. I would even add a final layer of aluminum foil.

Baker Beach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker Beach Posted 5 Aug 2019 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 11

Its so easy to be discouraged, but try not to be. Its all a learning process. Did you get the opportunity to talk up your business to potential customers? Sometimes they just need to see your booth and chat a few times before they feel comfortable enough to start buying. Giving away mini's or having samples can help, too, if your city allows that. And you can always donate leftovers-- as long as you do it the same or next day-- and again your city has to be ok with that. I was able to take mine to the children's hospital in our city and then didn't feel too badly about not having the sales. Good luck to you! 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Aug 2019 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 11

myself, I would not re-sell them -- you can also give to emergency room staff, firemen and police departments -- peeps in the high stress jobs often like the sugar buzz

webberblessings Posted 5 Aug 2019 , 11:27pm
post #8 of 11

No, I didn't get the chance. There wasn't enough foot traffic in the town. About maybe only 20 people total walking in town. I did donate to a woman's shelter. Thank y'all so much for advice and support.

kakeladi Posted 5 Aug 2019 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 11

Well there's your answer.  It had nothing to do with your product and everything to do with NO customers!  No need to be discouraged with your work.

Fancyschmancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancyschmancy Posted 6 Aug 2019 , 1:46am
post #10 of 11

Hits and misses.  You got out there.  You worked hard.  It's a let down, but it takes guts to do what you did.  Don't let it stop you.  Consider it market research and I hope it didn't cost you too much.

Fancyschmancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancyschmancy Posted 6 Aug 2019 , 1:46am
post #11 of 11

Hits and misses.  You got out there.  You worked hard.  It's a let down, but it takes guts to do what you did.  Don't let it stop you.  Consider it market research and I hope it didn't cost you too much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%