How Many Gold Sequins

Decorating By Briniga Updated 24 Jul 2019 , 1:45pm by SandraSmiley

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 23 Jul 2019 , 2:12am
post #1 of 4

I am making a 10 inch round cake about 4-5 inches tall & the customer wants it to be covered in gold edible "sequins", how much "sequins" do i need to buy? like in ounces i guess, i've never bought the before, i know theyre expensive for a small amount in the store, any place online that sells a bigger quantity for a lower price

3 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 23 Jul 2019 , 5:16am
post #2 of 4

I always just buy more than what I need; it's really hard to say how much you'll need. I just buy the colored confetti sprinkles at the store, put them in a bag with my gold and vodka mix, shake, dump and let dry. I'm sure someone will be able to better help you figure it out. 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 23 Jul 2019 , 11:47am
post #3 of 4

I ALWAYS buy way more than I need because I am a pretty bad judge when it comes to how many sprinkles or what not I need for things.  I buy a few bags and then add a few more just to be safe only to realize that I needed maybe half of what I bought.

The only good thing is that sprinkles last a LONG time so even if you buy too much as long as you store them in an airtight container they will be good to use for years.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Jul 2019 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%