Decorator Icing (Large Amount)

Baking By court776 Updated 22 Jul 2019 , 9:50pm by kakeladi

court776 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
court776 Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have suggestions for places to purchase pre made butter cream large  Amount. I have used the Wilton tub but it's not my favorite kind of hard to work with I just need more than actually want to make lol

6 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 7

Do you have a Sam's Club near you?  I'm pretty sure they sell large quantities.  If there is one near you, you could always give them a call.  Of course you will need to be a member to purchase from them but it might be worth it if you need a lot of buttercream/baking ingredients on a consistent basis.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 7

It’s soooo easy to make Why are you buying ready made?   Try the recipe “2 of everything “ in the recipe section of this site    

kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 7

Another option is to add lots of extra vanilla  — about 2Tablespoons to 4 cups)  & instead of the liquid you are using add UNflavored (plain) yogurt to the icing & mix (not beat) well

court776 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
court776 Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks. I will check out these options

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 7

Kakeladi - what does the yogurt do? Is it just to cut the sweetness? Would it affect shelf stability? 

kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, it helps cut the sweetness and thins it some.  No it does not affect shelf life at all.  Usually you are only using a couple tablespoons or up to 1/4 cup compared to4 #s of sugar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%