Cupcake Storage

Baking By webberblessings Updated 24 Jul 2019 , 1:44pm by SandraSmiley

webberblessings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webberblessings Posted 21 Jul 2019 , 11:18am
post #1 of 8

When making large batch cupcakes what is best way to store in order to stay fresh and how many days can bake to stay fresh? 

7 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 21 Jul 2019 , 11:56am
post #2 of 8

For me... If it is just an Icing Swirl on my Cuppies... I bake and decorate and then package in a 12 count clam shell container, put that in a 2-gallon zippie bag... and then into my freezer... I did studies on my cake and icing and can even keep it in my deep freeze for up to six months with no noticeable change in either... 

That way, I can bake ahead if I need to... I have never kept a customer's order for six months in my freezer... it was just to study it... I stopped at six months... I can do the same with all of my cookie recipes that I don't even sell... 

It also allows me to bake large orders in smaller chunks when I have time since I don't bake full time...

webberblessings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webberblessings Posted 21 Jul 2019 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you. That is very interesting. Where do you purchase your 12 count clam shell containers from?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 2:49am
post #4 of 8

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 8

Search Amazon.  I bought a few 24 count cupcake holders.  Mine have separate tops and bottoms but there were also many clam shell options as well.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2019 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 8

Bumping 

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 23 Jul 2019 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 8

I purchase mine from my local cake supply store... It is easier for me than ordering them online... and the store is such a resource for me...

As a side note... delivery of frozen cupcakes makes it so less stressful... My freezer does not auto defrost and is one of those deep freeze types... Less oops when I deliver frozen... 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Jul 2019 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%