Cake Size/price For 400-500 People

Baking By GalwayCakeGirl Updated 15 Jul 2019 , 1:04pm by SandraSmiley

GalwayCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GalwayCakeGirl Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, 

I'm new to this forum but I need some help!

I have a small bakery business I run from home...my usual orders are birthday/celebration cakes ranging from 20-100 people and cupcakes.

I've been asked to make a very  large cake approx A1 size for a corporate client to mark the milestone of reaching 1000 employees in the company.

I'm also doing 450 cupcakes , so I need the cake to serve 400-500 people. I don't need to serve every single person!

The cake will be square/rectangle so I can put company logo and message on top

I need advice on size of cake (inches or cm), rough price I should charge (not sure if it will have buttercream or sugar paste finish), best way to construct a cake base? I have always used cake board from decorating suppliers, max size I can find is 20"x20".

Any and all advice would be much appreciated!!!

I'm in Ireland, so any stores/ products from the US wouldn't be much help to me :-(

Thanks in advance

Fiona

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jul 2019 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 4

Let’s start at the bottom:  One suggestion — get a wood board from a lumber supply  store    Cover it w/butchers/ freezer paper then maybe fondant or cake board (s) so the cake doesn’t touch it   I’ll see if I can find a picture or two & post a bit later that might suggest how to build something that large   I’m thinking use 4 sheets ea 12x16 or 18”x2” —stack 2 into 12x16x4 —   Be sure when delivereringto have lots of help as it will be HEAVY!   Also be sure to check any and all doorways to be sure you can get through:)  I’ll think of more .....

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Jul 2019 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 4

Are you still needing help with this?? 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 15 Jul 2019 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 4

Exactly as kakeladi said, use a piece of plywood for the base and have the hardware store cut it to the desired size or you can easily do it at home, if you have a saw.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%