Need A Help With Earlene's Cake Chart!

Decorating By ijoajs Updated 9 Jul 2019 , 3:35pm by -K8memphis

ijoajs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ijoajs Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 2:13am
post #1 of 6

Alright, I'm having a hard time understanding how to cut 12 inch round cake into 45 servings according to her serving chart.

She has an example image how she cuts 9 inch round cake which serves 22 but I can't figure out how she gets odd number of serving.

Can anyone help me out?

I tried to purchase her cake serving chart explanation but it seems like she stopped answering her business email.

Does anyone have an example images for her serving chart?

Help me out!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 6

i always use wilton’s although unknown to the purchaser i also erred on the side of additional servings— never had a problem with folks not having enough because I was careful to explain the 1x2x4 inch size serving —

sorry I don’t know the answer to your question with earlene’s

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 6

It’s been years since I’ve looked at that chart but I remember she discards some of the end cuts because they are not the right shape (for lack of a better way to word it)  

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 6

not to mention cutting guides are recommendations not exactly exact sureties 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 6

I would probably just do a google image search for cake cutting guides.  There are so many out there.  Wilton says you can get 56 servings from a 12 inch round cake and that seems like the norm for many of the cutting guides I have seen online.  I did find one cutting guide that gets you 42 servings (http://marvinscakes.com/CUTTING.html) and this one (https://craigscakeshop.com/new-page-3) gets you 44 servings.

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2019 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 6

and since you are a new member you are not able to "reply" to posts so please start a new thread to continue the discussion -- at some point all of a sudden you can "reply" but not for a while -- I think it might have to do with time and activity levels -- please respond in a new thread if you want to

blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%