Gluten Free Cake Baking

Baking By KSJRcreations Updated 11 Jul 2019 , 7:32pm by theresaf

KSJRcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSJRcreations Posted 7 Jul 2019 , 1:12am
post #1 of 9

I was asked to make a gluten free cake for an upcoming graduation party. My question is what should I use in the pan to prevent it from sticking? 

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Jul 2019 , 1:55am
post #2 of 9

parchment

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 7 Jul 2019 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 9

Absolutely.

you can also use a gluten-free coconut oil baking spray.

Gluten Free Cake Baking

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 7 Jul 2019 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 9

Note the price is for a pack of 3. They have it in some groceries stores as well.

-K8memphis Posted 7 Jul 2019 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 9

oil is gluten free, mermademunchkin -- just don't add any regular flour to coat the pan or use gf flour

MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 7 Jul 2019 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 9

Heehee-I know!! That’s just me being lazy again!!! By the way, I like the nickname... now I feel pressure to make donut holes!!!!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Jul 2019 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 9

hahahahahahaha -- you so funny!!

bluefox1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluefox1394 Posted 10 Jul 2019 , 2:21pm
post #8 of 9

For round/square cake pans I use parchment in the bottom and crisco/butter on the sides. For bundt cakes, I use spray olive oil. You can also butter/shortening the sides and bottom and dust with GF flour or cocoa powder (if you're making a chocolate cake). 

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 11 Jul 2019 , 7:32pm
post #9 of 9

Those spray oils in the can can be tricky - read the ingredients - sometimes they are processed in plants that also process wheat so they aren't actually gluten free.  The spray mister - where you just put in your own olive oil is safer for gf.   There are a lot of gf rules - and I don't profess to know them all but one of the ones I'm pretty sure of is particles can remain airborne for 24 hours.  So if you are also making gluten full items you should make the GF first so everything is as clean and clear as can be (and covered).     I have a couple of family members and close friends who have celiac so I have learned quite a bit along the way but there's another member on here Ms. GF who is very knowledgeable about all of this - she is a great resource.  Good luck!

T

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%