Hibiscus Recipe

Baking By MicKindle Updated 27 Jul 2019 , 9:59pm by MicKindle

MicKindle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicKindle Posted 27 Jun 2019 , 1:06am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a recipe for a Hibiscus Cake?  I haven't been able to find anyone that has made one or even tried one for that matter.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 27 Jun 2019 , 1:21am
post #2 of 5

I haven't made one, but I would think that you could use ground hibiscus flowers (or a dried powder) in a favorite yellow or white cake. Or, steep hibiscus tea in the liquid in a recipe (milk, water, etc). Hibiscus is good with lemon, so that might be an option as well. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jun 2019 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 5

Do a google search   I just did & was very surprised to see their is such a thing   Usually mixed with lemon or chocolate from a very quick lookup 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Jun 2019 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 5

I have not tried it in cake either, but I love hibiscus tea and it is good with lemon.

MicKindle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicKindle Posted 27 Jul 2019 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry that I am late with responding. I wanted to say thanks for all the input, I tired a couple of different recipes and came up with a version of my own. I made my standard white cake, put lemon instant pudding in the mix, with a little lemon zest and added a couple of tablespoons of hibiscus powder with a splash of buttermilk, and poof I had cake that tasted pretty good. I was surprised about the texture and flavor. It is not super overpowering.  Most of all the bride liked the taste.  Thank you again for your assistance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%