Three Separate Cakes With A Cohesive Design

Decorating By SandraDee73 Updated 20 Jun 2019 , 7:59pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 1:12am
post #1 of 9

I've been asked to do three separate cakes for a family gathering. One is for a recently engaged couple, the second is a wedding celebration cake, and the last is a 60th Anniversary cake. I really would like to do a design that sort of ties them all together (as they'll be displayed at the same party), but is unique to each couple's celebration. Would anyone have any thoughts they'd like to share?

8 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 2:00am
post #2 of 9

If you use coordinating colors and decorations, such as red roses, that would be enough to tie the design together.  All other elements could be specific to the individual celebration.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 4:57am
post #3 of 9

Too bad we can’t get into our pix as I have a couple of ideas   I agree w/Sandra Also you can put them together on 1 board-pushed together in 3leaf clover fashion or push 2 together w/the 3rd centered on top 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 9

depending on the number of servings you could do three mini tier cakes --

oh whatever you do you've got a perfect storm of yesterday, today and forever -- play that up! yesterday for the already engaged -- today for the wedding -- and forever for the 60th

SandraDee73 Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 9

Some great ideas to consider. Thank you so much for your input ladies! 

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 9

I like K8's take as it being like a timeline.... maybe a display that spirals up with a journey type theme.  Beginning, middle, destination. Engagement at the bottom, then marriage, and 60th at the top. 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 20 Jun 2019 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 9

Love those ideas! I’m also a big fan of using silhouettes of the couples..it’s a good way to separate the different time periods while staying cohesive.

Like, silhouette of person proposing to someone with a shiny sprinkle or something attached to hand..then silhouettes of a couple getting married (veil, bow tie? Facing each other holding hands?) and then a couple holding hands sitting on a park bench or something, maybe with the bench etched with their initials and a heart or the number 60?

SandraDee73 Posted 20 Jun 2019 , 7:26pm
post #8 of 9

@MerMadeBakedGoods this is exactly what I had in mind! :-)
I ran it past my client and she was receptive to the idea.

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 20 Jun 2019 , 7:59pm
post #9 of 9

Woohoo!!! Post pics (if the site allows...) when you’re done!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%